Cruise Critic Community
cathi007

Beaches in Barbados

Hi,

We are sailing on the Escape in January with a 1 year old and a 3 year old. I am looking for a beach that has facilities, and nice clam water hopefully close to the pier. The last time I was in Barbados the beach we went to had such crazy waves we couldn't even go in the water. Any suggestions not crazy far from cruise port?

Several beach clubs near the port will meet your needs - all are along Carlisle Bay, with white sand, clear water and almost no waves. Pirates Cove and Paradise Beach attract more families - both are about a $5 per person cab ride from the port, or you can walk it in 20-30+ min (about 1+ miles). Check out the web sites for both as they offer package deals that may or may not work for you.

Correct - Pirates Cove and Boatyard is what I meant to write. Sorry for the mistake.

Two quieter beach clubs just past Boatyard are Harbor Lights and Lobster Alive - no water toys, etc. but they may be what you want for a 1 and 3 year old.

Lobster Alive was closed last week.  We loved Pirate's Cove.  We walked to Boatyard from Pirate's Cove for a cocktail but they wouldn't serve us because we weren't spending the day there.