Cruise on the serenade

Hello I am new at this forum

My family and I are going on the serenade leaving san juan on feb 25

is anybody out there going the same time.

I will be asking alot of questions about ncl because it is the first time with them. we did 3 other cruises but with carnival.It was great.

I guess you could say that we are hooked on cruises.

We are from Montreal but dont hold it against me.

I have read alot of the post and i think they are all great.

I got alot of info out of them. I thank all of you very much.

My first question is

what do you think about taking tour other than the one they offer on the ship.

I know that it is cheaper but is it worth to take the chance. or are we better off to stick to the cruise tour.

:):):):)

Hoping that we will see some of you on the ship

We did the Serenade las month and it was our best cruise.

I usually book tours not with the cruiseline. It is cheaper and less crowded. If you go to the ports of call board you can find some great recomondations.

Our best excursions were the Silver Moon in Barbados, Eli tours in Antigua and our favorite was in St. Lucia, Jungle Tours with Shal.

We just got off from the Christmas cruise also. We booked directly with Paddles for our kayaking in Antigua and saved $20pp. You can go to St John from St Thomas easily on your own...catch a cab to Red Hook, then the ferry...just don't cut it close on choosing which ferry to return on...leave yourself time for 'whatever' may happen. You will LOVE the Serenade!!! It is a beautiful ship and awesome crew. We also did the zipline in St Lucia, but booked it through the ship.

I will be asking alot of questions about ncl because it is the first time with them. we did 3 other cruises but with carnival.It was great.

Hoping that we will see some of you on the ship

You do realize that Serenade belongs to RCI and not NCL right??

Just wanted to point out that if you are going to cruise on the Serenade, she is a RCCL ship...not NCL. :rolleyes:

The Serenade is beautiful and you should have a great time! There will be times when you should take excursions on your own and with the ship.;)

There is a lot of information on these boards, so do a search for your ??? and you will find most of what you need without even having to post a question.

Have fun!

Updated: Ocean Boy - I wondered if anyone else noticed the typo.:D

We were also on the Christmas cruise. The Serenade is a fab ship and the staff were the best ever. Hi Karen - how are you - hope you got home safely. Just booking the Mariner for next Christmas.....

Hi Cheryl. We made it safely...just a couple of minor things. The Mariner ... we are definitely doing a Christmas cruise again, but haven't decided which one as of yet. We are also still considering the Serenade May 21. It was great meeting all of you...stay in touch. Cheryl has my email...feel free to get it from her.

Archived