What makes Royal special?

mared1

14 hours ago, BNBR said:

That's right.  You should also get an entertainment schedule that shows you all the shows by venue.  At least we got on on Allure last week first day.

Does the Allure have a sit down place that's free like NCL O'Sheehan's? For late night snacking, I mean.

Edited by CruisingSince1982

41 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Does the Allure have a sit down place that's free like NCL O'Sheehan's? For late night snacking, I mean.

Allure does not.  Royal doesn't have an equivalent to O'Sheehan's.  The best you'll get is pizza at Sorrento's and sandwiches/desserts at Promenade Cafe.  Both in the Promenade.  You can take your food anywhere other than Rising Tide.  So we would grab a bite and hang out at the Bow and Stern pub with live music.  It's different, but I actually prefer Royal's approach. I liked O'Sheehan's for the food/service but I didn't like hanging out at O'Sheehan's, if that makes sense.  For late night snack, I also didn't necessarily like having to sit down with a server and all that.  I much prefer the grab and go approach in the Promenade with so much more going on.

Edited by BNBR
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BNBR said:

One thing I was VERY surprised about was Sabor.  Many times they were absolutely full and on a wait.  I couldn't believe it considering their high upcharge.

You know, I'd be interested in a geographical breakdown of who does and doesn't think Sabor is worth it. I'm originally from New Mexico and now live in Minnesota, aka Land of 10 crappy Mexican restaurants. 😉  So I'm a fan of Sabor. It's nice to get good guac without having to make it.

I wonder if the people who think Sabor isn't worth it are from places where they can get decent Mexican whenever they want. Kinda like me. I can get JR whenever I want, so it seems silly to pay extra for it on the ship.

On 10/8/2018 at 11:49 PM, jonbgd said:

To be honest its about drinking the coolaid

Every cruise line has it group of loyalists
THey all have the perks that cruiser likes

While people like the OASIS class its not my favorite

I like the Radiance class for Royal
The Spirit Class for Carnival
The Vista class for HAL
I cruise to see the ocean not a promenade that Im trapped in

Agreed. If there was only one best cruise line for everyone then there would ony be one cruise line in business.

"One Man's Ceiling is another man's floor" (Paul Simon)