Norwegian Roll Calls

1 minute ago, Curious G said:

There are no roll calls accessible for NCL.  Why?  When ?

I find all kinds of Roll Calls in the Norwegian Roll Call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/66-norwegian-cruise-line-roll-calls/

Click on the "Forums" tab above left.  Scroll down to Roll Calls forum.  Click on "Norwegian Cruise LIne Roll Calls" link.  There you are.

24 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I find all kinds of Roll Calls in the Norwegian Roll Call forum:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/66-norwegian-cruise-line-roll-calls/

Click on the "Forums" tab above left.  Scroll down to Roll Calls forum.  Click on "Norwegian Cruise LIne Roll Calls" link.  There you are.

When I get to where the roll calls are supposed to be, the message says "Under Construction"

Just now, Curious G said:

When I get to where the roll calls are supposed to be, the message says "Under Construction"

Are you using the "Find your XXX Roll Call" link?  That's under construction.

If you go directly to the Roll Call forums (the instructions I gave you), you can find your Roll Call (if there is one). 

8 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

Are you using the "Find your XXX Roll Call" link?  That's under construction.

If you go directly to the Roll Call forums (the instructions I gave you), you can find your Roll Call (if there is one). 

It’s possible they’re coming in alphabetical order, I’m interested in the Jewel and I can see the rollcall for the Breakaway and the Jade etc but for the Jewel and the couple I checked which come after the Jewel it says under construction. I’m hoping the rest will be up tomorrow (overnight Australian time).

16 minutes ago, mommalizd said:

Ncl jewel has no roll call  says under construction   when will it be up  

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/262-norwegian-jewel-roll-calls/

The TOOL to find your specific roll call doesn't work yet.  But if you follow the instructions above, you can find what you're looking for. 

You can also find them this way:

I did some hunting. Here’s how I found them. From “Forums”, scroll down to “Roll Calls” and click on “Norwegian Cruise Line Roll Calls.”  Then scroll down to “<Ship Name> Roll Call” is in BOLD TYPE FACE, and click. Then you will need to do some scrolling and hunting because they are not organized at this point, but they are there.

DO NOT click on the Gold Star and “Find Your Roll Call” because you will only find and Under Construction notice.

But the link provided above is easier.

I wonder when the "Roll Calls" will be back to NORMAL!  I found mine for 19 Nov 18 on the Star but it was only the last couple comments, not all pages.  I had it bookmarked and when I click on that it says "Under Construction".  Would have been nice if Cruise Critic would have put out a notice!!!

14 minutes ago, cruz2wife said:

I wonder when the "Roll Calls" will be back to NORMAL!  I found mine for 19 Nov 18 on the Star but it was only the last couple comments, not all pages.  I had it bookmarked and when I click on that it says "Under Construction".  Would have been nice if Cruise Critic would have put out a notice!!!

The "Find Your Roll Call" link on the old forum never did work all that well.  Currently, the "Find Your XXX Roll Call" link is closed for construction.  Hopefully, they will fix all that was wrong with the old one before opening it.

You can still find your roll call "manually" by going directly to the Roll Call forum and looking there.

Another note, the page count will not be the same as it was on the old forum, as pages now hold 40 posts per page (not 20, like the old forum).

8 minutes ago, Felix87 said:

It seems they're updating the site...slowly. I have no roll call for my cruise (NCL Sky leaving Feb 27). How do I start one?

Click on "Forums" tab at upper left.  Scroll down to "Norwegian Cruise Line Roll Calls" link, and click on that.

Scroll down to "Norwegian Sky Roll Calls", click on that.

Click on "Start new topic" button on upper left.

There you go.

3 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

Click on "Forums" tab at upper left.  Scroll down to "Norwegian Cruise Line Roll Calls" link, and click on that.

Scroll down to "Norwegian Sky Roll Calls", click on that.

Click on "Start ne

Yup, figured that out now. Wasn't working for me before. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrinityFL said:

Can’t find the roll call for Pearl’s November 18 sailing either.

This one?

I went to the list of the Pearl roll calls (as @Shmoo here gave directions above), then used my BROWSERS search feature (CTRL-F if you're in Chrome) and searched for "November".   Then kept going through the responses until I found November 18.

3 hours ago, TrinityFL said:

Can’t find the roll call for Pearl’s November 18 sailing either.

That's most likely because the date format in the title doesn't meet the requirement necessary for the Roll Call finder tool to "see" it.  Date format should be "November 18, 2018".