Returning To A Thread: Pick Up Where I Left Off?

Hello,

With the new version, do I have the ability to do the following:

I view a thread here on Cruise Critic, reading the questions, answers, etc.  Then I go to some other website to check the weather or learn how to plant a rosebush.  I return to Cruise Critic and want to read that same thread that I enjoyed before hoping there are new posts.  Is it possible the thread will go to the last post I read or will it take me to the beginning of the thread with posts I've already read.

I have seen this feature on other boards and it is a time saver having not to wade through previously-read posts.  Thanks!

Edited by SteadyBetty

Look to the left of the thread title.

For threads you have already posted in there should be a star. It will be blue if there are any new post since your last visit.

For threads you've read  but not posted in you will see a dot instead of a star. Again if it is blue there are new post since your last visit.

By clicking on either the blue dot or star should take you to the last unread post.

Also another tip is if you hover your mouse over the thread title and wait a sec a window will pop up and you can either select to view the first post or the most recent post in that thread in the pop up window.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SciFiGuy1960 said:

Look to the left of the thread title.

For threads you have already posted in there should be a star. It will be blue if there are any new post since your last visit.

For threads you've read  but not posted in you will see a dot instead of a star. Again if it is blue there are new post since your last visit.

By clicking on either the blue dot or star should take you to the last unread post.

Also another tip is if you hover your mouse over the thread title and wait a sec a window will pop up and you can either select to view the first post or the most recent post in that thread in the pop up window.

Thank you, SFG!

That would be helpful if there were actually blue dots or stars to the left of my threads. These are some of the threads I'm subscribed to. I got here by clicking on my user name > Manage Followed Content. None of them have that dot or a star. And how do I mark it as a favorite? There is no heart to click on when I visit each thread. 1968087052_ScreenShot2018-10-17at2_56_02PM.thumb.png.ccdaf0fcfc0f63818b5d12977d330726.png