MSC internet packages

cruiser man 60

• 3 weeks later...

My husband may want to watch sporting events on the internet.  Did anyone try to do this?  Would we need the upgrade internet package?  Do we need to buy two or just one package to share?

We had the premium package on Preziosa, summer 2018.  Connected 3 devices.   We got emails, sent out pictures and did FaceTime a few times, and watched some videos on YouTube. I was not especially careful with data consumption, but I did keep an eye on it.  In the end, We had used about 80% of the package.

I would say that watching sporting events on the internet is a definite maybe, both because of the data usage, and the quality of the connection. Satellite connection is nowhere near what you can expect at home.  Even FaceTime (because it is live) is occasionally choppy, and that requires a lot less bandwidth than sporting events. Uploads and downloads are slower but work well.

You don’t need to buy a package each.  With the basic package, you can have 2 devices that share the data.  With premium, then it’s 4 devices.

I don't think you'll be able to stream much of anything. I'm using the package now and it's hard to get YouTube videos to play. We did the basic and just met our limit on day 10... We then paid $40 to upgrade to the premium and it reset our limit to 7gb (We got 3.5gb + 7gb). Definitely start with basic and then upgrade if you need to - more data for cheaper. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tweakes, I’ll be cruising in November on msc Divina. You are saying I should get the 3.5G for $75 on line before the cruise and when I deplete the data I can add the 7G plan for an additional $40? Do you remember what the download speed was? 

Thanks in advance

On 11/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, tweakes said:

I don't think you'll be able to stream much of anything. I'm using the package now and it's hard to get YouTube videos to play. We did the basic and just met our limit on day 10... We then paid $40 to upgrade to the premium and it reset our limit to 7gb (We got 3.5gb + 7gb). Definitely start with basic and then upgrade if you need to - more data for cheaper. 

I’ll be cruising in November on msc Divina. You are saying I should get the 3.5G for $75 on line before the cruise and when I deplete the data I can add the 7G plan for an additional $40? Do you remember what the download speed was? 

Thanks in advance