Upgrade on Star question

Ampjiii

First time NCL cruiser. We have a mid inside cabin on 14 day Panama Canal cruise on the Star.  I have enjoyed every cabin cruised in on 4 cruises - one aft balcony cabin did vibrate from engines a lot and it was bothersome but still had a great cruise.  We just got an offer to upgrade to a balcony for 75$ pp. We have no issues with sea sickness.  Is it 'worth' losing midship location for any balcony we could be assigned?  I know a balcony is better than inside but I really appreciate your thoughts on any insight you can give us- and tips on what would be a winning bid? My research shows a lot of open mid ship balconies ( which I know I might not get) -thanks so much! 

When is your cruise?  We are also doing a 14 day Panama Canal on the Star.  Ours is January 4th.

We always get a balcony or higher cabin.  Have been on 17 cruises now and only 1 inside cabin.  That wasn't our choice as it was a very last minute cruise to Cuba and we got the last cabin.  I found the inside cabin ok for 5 days, but for 14....it was just too small for us.  Balcony now or nothing....

29 minutes ago, Ampjiii said:

I put in a bid - now crossing my fingers I get a balcony.  I bid more than minimum - into the fair zone - we will see..... Thanks for you advise!

Good for you.  Now relax and let the chips fall where they may. :classic_smile: