Sir Bani Yas Island excursions

cruiser man 60

We did that trip this year and enjoyed it, a variety of animals, some local Lynx/Onyx and various imported such as Leopards and Giraffes, we went round in small groups in Toyota Land cruisers.

If we had not done the trip would have gone back to the ship after 1/2 hour, not really beach people.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2018 at 3:44 PM, Haworth said:

We did that trip this year and enjoyed it, a variety of animals, some local Lynx/Onyx and various imported such as Leopards and Giraffes, we went round in small groups in Toyota Land cruisers.

If we had not done the trip would have gone back to the ship after 1/2 hour, not really beach people.

Hello John, fancy seeing you here.

Would I be right in thinking its a tender operation to get to the island?

We will be there in March and don't mind a beach day. As its not MSC exclusive do you know if there charges for sunbeds etc....

Edited by Wansbrough
Just spotted who's post I'm quoting..

12 minutes ago, Wansbrough said:

Hello John, fancy seeing you here.

Would I be right in thinking its a tender operation to get to the island?

We will be there in March and don't mind a beach day. As its not MSC exclusive do you know if there charges for sunbeds etc....

Yes it's a tender port but we were in the YC when we did the trip so no issues with waiting on tenders, don't think they charge for beds but we were in our own area with beds, food etc and were taken by golf buggy, after the tour we went back as the beds were wooden, no cushions and not very comfortable, any other questions you know where to find me

We sailed on Splendida this year and visited Sir Bani Yas, we weren't in YC and we had no issues in waiting to tender off, although we did have priority but we weren't early to leave so possibly missed the first rush.

As MSC use their own lifeboats they are very regular and the process is pretty quick anyway.

There are no charges for sunbeds etc, your drinks package or vouchers are valid on the island too, there were only MSC guests there when we were.

I can confirm that the sunbeds are very uncomfortable. We had planned a beach day but only managed a couple of hours and lunch. Lots of people did look quite settled, however, we really couldn't.

• Like 1