Silver Wind

easton64

Is there anyone on the Silver Wind right now that can tell me how the cruise is going?

I read there were problems on the last cruise from Montreal.   We are on the next cruise from Montreal with friends who have never been on Silversea.  We had a great cruise the one time we have cruised with Silversea and hoping for another one.  Thanks.

We are on until 11/15.  A couple of problems with ports - missed Newport, 6 hours late into Halifax, but overnight & Sydney cancelled.  All is fine so far great food & service, very good complimentary wines,  etc.  A little trouble with suite temp - either too cold or too warm, trying to get thermostat setting just right.  Occasionally the toilet stops working, but then a little later - it flushes by itself.  About 8 workers on board from Callenberg.com who are probably on board for HVAC work for the upcoming drydock.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Not that dressy.   Saw a handful with long dresses, but quite a few were much more casual.  However, we dined with the finance officer & and the guest relations manager, so I did not pay close attention.  Tomorrow is the 2nd of 2 formal nights, so I will pay closer attention.  They did enforce men’s dress code on formal night - I.e., jacket & tie.  I have scanned in Chronicles, menus, premium wine list, etc.  Let me know if you would like to see any of these items.  

8 hours ago, brimary said:

Any information on precisely what is happening at dry dock for the Wind would be appreciated as we have approx sixty days booked for 2019 on our favou4ite SS ship.

Yes, that would be helpful to those of us sailing after dry dock. Thanks 

DC, I see that you are leaving Prince Edward Island tonight.  Although it’s not the most ideal time of the year to visit, I hope you enjoyed it.  I grew up there and still own property on the island.  One of my favourite places, but of course I am a bit biased! 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 9:19 AM, brimary said:

Any information on precisely what is happening at dry dock for the Wind would be appreciated as we have approx sixty days booked for 2019 on our favou4ite SS ship.

According to CD & HD, a lot of drydock devoted to behind the scenes mechanical systems, but a major update to the suites & public areas to museify them. No plans to cloudify the wind at this point.

9 hours ago, DCCruiser57 said:

According to CD & HD, a lot of drydock devoted to behind the scenes mechanical systems, but a major update to the suites & public areas to museify them. No plans to cloudify the wind at this point.

Many thanks...encouraging news.