Kids/Teenagers on Bliss to Alaska?

Kfamilycruise

Hi all. Considering the Bliss to Alaska June 2019.  I know we will love the ship and I know we will love the itinerary -- but the big question for us is, will there be other kids and teenagers on the ship? We will have a 14, 16 and 10 year old and want to make sure they have other kids to hang out with. If you went this past summer, can you please share your experiences? I've searched and searched, but this new version of CC is killing me.

Thanks in advance!

There will be a lot of kids on Alaskan cruises. Make sure that  you sign up for the Splash Academy for your 10 year old and Entourage for your teens on embarkation day. That is the day that they will make friends and bond with other kids on the cruise.

Example programs for the Splash Academy and photos of the area can be found 

A couple of photos of the Entourage Teen Club can be found 

Did you look closely at the port times of the Bliss  ?  Will those times work for your planned activities?

Esp Ketchikan .... it may dock at 6am but realistically what time will you be off the ship ? then back on board by 12:30pm.   So maybe 4 hrs total in town.  And Juneau ... maybe disembarking around 3pm.

3 hours ago, mapleleaves said:

Did you look closely at the port times of the Bliss  ?  Will those times work for your planned activities?

Esp Ketchikan .... it may dock at 6am but realistically what time will you be off the ship ? then back on board by 12:30pm.   So maybe 4 hrs total in town.  And Juneau ... maybe disembarking around 3pm.

But consider the longer daylight hours in Alaska versus the rest of country, particularly the south.   Plenty of time.

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking with school out there might be.

I'm also looking at the Joy and at RCL Ovation of the Seas. It's a hard choice, but with my favorite ship to date being the Escape, it's especially hard choosing between the Bliss & the Joy. 

15 minutes ago, Kfamilycruise said:

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking with school out there might be.

I'm also looking at the Joy and at RCL Ovation of the Seas. It's a hard choice, but with my favorite ship to date being the Escape, it's especially hard choosing between the Bliss & the Joy. 

Joy does not have the Spa that the Bliss has,  something to enjoy on chilly Alaskan days.   But Joy has more teenage stuff such as virtual reality and bumper cars that take up the space of the Spa.   Matter of priorities.