Spencer Ambrose - Never Again!!!

more cruises

We did Spencer in Fall 2019.  For some reason I thought he did CC but no.  Once that was cleared up we scooted by boat to the land portion.  There was a little wait, and no water or beverage on the van until people started asking, and water was brought.  Land portion was ok - the banana plantation portion was literally a drive by.  Back on the boat to the Pitons  - first there and was uncrowded.  Lunch was tasty and I don't recall being hungry afterwards.  Plenty of Piton beer.  Spenser did seem to be feeding a lot of hangers on though.  As for the staff - disinterested seems like a good description.  We met a local at the each selling wild fruits (some I'd never seen) and I tried them all.  He as very friendly and unobtrusive.  We left a little early due to weather and hit a torrential downpour on the way back.  On the way back there were boat issues - after phone calls it was gas (we think) so we stopped at ?? and got some fuel.  Back to the docks in plenty of time.  By the time we got back on the ship it came an absolute horrendous thunderstorm.  Portions of the ship were flooding from all the rain, and the town was having serious issues we could see.  The entire harbor muddied up.  Crazy storm.

Overall it was a good day, but not without hiccups.  The marketplace will sort out the issues - if Spencer gets too many complaints he won't be in business much.  All the issues are readily fixed - it just takes want-to.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m so surprised to hear this. We took a tour with him in 2018. It was outstanding and our absolute favorite day on that cruise. We’re taking another southern Caribbean cruise this winter and I almost booked him again. Now I’m not so sure and I think I’ll look at other options. Any suggestions for other tour companies are welcomed.

• 2 months later...

That really sucks to hear this. We've toured with him twice and loved both tours (one we just went to the pitons for the beach/snorkeling day and it was AMAZING! The next time we did the land and sea excursion and had a blast at the mud bath. Yes, we also did a drive by at the banana plantation as well and then on to the pitons. 

Right on his website when booking and in information it states US CASH only in bold letters. Maybe you just missed that? However, running out of gas is just irresponsible on his part. That should never happen and they should know better. 

Hopefully he'll get his stuff together and worked out before he starts to lose people. 

HERE and HERE are my reviews for our times there. 

Edited by mitsugirly

• 2 weeks later...

I've done Spencer's tours probably about 4 times. My experience on my last cruise in the beginning of the year will be my last.  They were very late getting started because they ran out of gas. It was probably more than an hour late. They didn't offer any drinks and were completely inattentive. People didn't even know they had drinks until they served lunch.  I was harassed by a local selling smoothies. This guy first tried to hug me and I told him "no I don't hug people" then he says "you kiss them" and literally grabbed my face and tried to kiss me. I was in shock and karate chopped his arm off of me.  I was a solo traveler. Luckily, another American man jumped in and got between us and yelled at him while I took off down the beach. I'm so thankful that he did that for me.  I sent the company an email regarding the experience and they didn't even bother to respond saying they read it. I've recommended this tour to people on roll calls and I will never again.

Edited by Crystal04
Forgot