Thermal Suite Symphony of the Seas

theSHAH

I recently was on the Celebrity Reflection and the Persian Garden was worth every penny, but I feel like a big part of that might have been the beautiful panoramic view of the ocean that made the entire area feel open and relaxing. I have an upcoming sailing on the Symphony soon and am interested in springing for the thermal suite, (the RC equivalent). The description states that it has all the same facilities more or less, but the only really pictures I can gather appears like the entire area is completely inside. Has anyone here bought into the thermal suite on any of the Oasis-class ships (I imagine they're all identical)? Would you say the placement of the facility detracted from the experience? Worth the cost? I will never understand why Royal chooses to cast off their spa to a dreary dungeon in the bowels of the ship on Oasis-class.

I had the package twice can’t compared it to Celebrity and I play to buy it again on the Symphony. Worth it? Not sure I could pay almost 120$ for it. Less than 10 chairs  if I recall correctly,co-ed, it can be packed after 5pm it’s ok but I wasn’t impressed for with it. I have never  pay for it I always get it as a gift from a family member so why not but if I had to pay for I’m not sure if I could do it. 

21 hours ago, theSHAH said:

I recently was on the Celebrity Reflection and the Persian Garden was worth every penny, but I feel like a big part of that might have been the beautiful panoramic view of the ocean that made the entire area feel open and relaxing. I have an upcoming sailing on the Symphony soon and am interested in springing for the thermal suite, (the RC equivalent). The description states that it has all the same facilities more or less, but the only really pictures I can gather appears like the entire area is completely inside. Has anyone here bought into the thermal suite on any of the Oasis-class ships (I imagine they're all identical)? Would you say the placement of the facility detracted from the experience? Worth the cost? I will never understand why Royal chooses to cast off their spa to a dreary dungeon in the bowels of the ship on Oasis-class.

I have enjoyed the thermal suite on Jewel of the Seas (Radiance class) When we purchased it (2x) they told us they limited the number sold to something like 100 people. (don't for certain remember the number)  However, the area is indeed all interior and many reports I have read, they over sell it on this class of ship. I've heard of over crowding and lack of chair space. Too bad, I''d like to hear otherwise. My upcoming cruise starts out with 2 sea days. 

• 1 month later...

I've been on Oasis and Allure, and paid for the Thermal Suite on both. I really enjoy a nice steam before dinner, and the heated stone loungers are nice as well. Plus, I find the added bonus of a larger second shower to be priceless; I can get ready for the evening at the same time as my wife, and we don't have to fight over the shower and/or the sink.

I don't find the placement of the spa to be an issue at all. It's just a walk down the hall and down a couple flights of stairs. I actually think the Oasis-class ships do an excellent job with facility management and passenger-traffic flow -- except for the elevator lobbies 10 minutes after a show lets out, but that's another post.

• 3 weeks later...

The online booking system is only offering 15 minute segments in the mid afternoon, even for a full weekly pass. I presume that's just an aberration with the website and a weekly pass is valid whenever the area is open.

I'm not sure whether to book it, I've gone for exorbitantly priced one-off sessions on both Jewel and Anthem, and found both underwhelming to say the least.  I have no interest in the heated chairs, and to be honest, I found the steam room somewhat weak and insipid on both. IMO, the free sauna and steam rooms in the dressing rooms on Vision class ships were vastly superior!

Is there a sauna in the Symphony thermal suite, and are the steam rooms actually hot?

Just got off the Symphony a few weeks ago and this was the first time I did not buy the Thermal Spa. It is located on deck 5 I believe and is a small area inclosed with around 6 to 8 beds in front of a mosaic wall and very dark. I saw a couple of showers with a couple of different spray settings and 3 different types of sauna rooms. The layout of the gym is real small with a few large port holes. The jacuzzi is located on the upper decks [ 6 flights up] . There are some small jacuzzi's in the treatment rooms, but you know what that costs. The track was the best part of the gym which is one deck below. I would wait until you get on the ship and look for yourself. The cost was $129 P.P plus 18% P.P. , figure that out. The Reflection was so much better ! I have photos if you like to see !   

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3184.JPG

IMG_3185.JPG