Limiting availability for 3-4 people in one room

zry900402

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, zry900402 said:

You are right, the one I’m interested in is the 8/28 sailing. I will be able to get a few days off before and after Labor Day next year to go on this cruise, and since Labor Day is in September, I qualified the cruise as a “September” cruise in my mind. 

My last response to you was predicated on a September sailing, not August, so those numbers don't apply to your situation.  (Unless you decide to go a few weeks later.)  The September 11 sailing is the one I looked at and has the same issue of no more availability of inside/oceanview for 3&4 but lots of availability for 3&4 in higher categories and lots of availability for 2 in the lower categories. 

It looks to me that Princess has allocated a maximum number of cabins in each category that will allow 3&4 passengers.  I think they are holding a number of balcony & minisuite cabins so they are also available to passengers who want a balcony or minisuite.  In other words, Princess may have set a 3&4 quota for each room category so that the 3&4 option is available across the full range of cabin categories.  It's kind of like a store sale that is limited to the first 25 customers.  After they sold 25 doesn't mean they have run out of stock, it just means you missed the sale.  This doesn't surprise me for a sailing on a holiday weekend at the peak of the short season for that destination.

It looks like you will need to make some adjustments to your plans.  Best of luck to you with your cruise planning.

I ran into this same issue booking a recent cruise for three people.  I was told that there are only a certain number of people that can be in areas of the ship due to fire safety regulations and if quite a few rooms in that hall already have more than 2 people booked in a room, then they have to limit additional bookings for additional passengers in that same floor/hall on the ship.  Cabins will open up again as it gets closer, but for Alaska, if you can, splurge and get the balcony... totally worth it!