Authentic Arabia 1- November 22nd

1 hour ago, Skills said:

We are going on this cruise and will need only a small amount of money for tips, are USD in Jordan acceptable please?

\Hi

It will depend on what you wish to buy.  Numerous places such as restaurants are likely to accept USD but the smaller local shops etc will only take JD. Those that do accept USD are likely to be the tourist places with higher prices and give you a poor rate so you may as well just take GBP and avoid the exchange rate to dollars in the first place. If you're doing Petra, US$ are widely accepted but again the prices are high and remember that the JD symbol is $ as well and cost more than US$.

Yikes now I’m not sure then, maybe by the time I have paid commission on say £30  it may be easier to just swallow the higher price in USD as I have some anyway. It’s mainly for a tip or drink on an tour outing as I’m only there 1 day. Thank you .

25 minutes ago, Skills said:

Yikes now I’m not sure then, maybe by the time I have paid commission on say £30  it may be easier to just swallow the higher price in USD as I have some anyway. It’s mainly for a tip or drink on an tour outing as I’m only there 1 day. Thank you .

If you already have some US$ and you are on a trip like Oh-But-Is-It says, then they will be accepted but just take small notes as the change that you will be given will be in JD. Unlike some places here in the UK, you will not be charged commission over there for changing money and the rate is better. Get Dirhams over there with your GBP for Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas, Dubai - always better off with local currency