Martinis, Handcrafted Cocktails

xyzcruiser

Although I have been on NCL many times, I haven't been on NCL in a couple of years. I have been checking out the deck plans and see many bars on the Breakaway. On my last few cruises I have been really enjoying the Alchemy Bars on Carnival. Will there be any comparable bars on my upcoming cruise on the Breakaway? Thanks for the info

As you said there are bars all over the ship and most of them can make anything you want. Most of the bartenders have covered the other bars and most bars have the same spirits. It seems like the newer ships are putting in a Mojito bar if you're a rum fan and a lot of the ships have a Maltings whiskey bar is you like whiskey. The Breakaway has an Ice Bar sponsored by I think Svedka or maybe Smirnoff? Either way it's a cool concept to check out once, but meh. The drinks aren't that great and it can be hard to get into. 

If you're not looking for something in particular, I would suggest finding a bar with a bartender that you like and get to know them during your cruise. Most of the memories I make at a bar are because of the bartender (Bong), not because of how well they poured my drink.

Either way I am sure you will have a blast!

I wish NCL had something similar to the Alchemy Bar... Many bartenders on Norwegian will only make drinks specifically on the menu. I have had others that would refuse to make a fresh drink when they had a jug of "pre made" drinks that they could just pour one out of... Some bartenders are willing to go above and beyond to make you something special, but on NCL I find it few and far between...