Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour for non-English speakers?

zry900402

My group is considering doing the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen's Tour (Deadliest Catch Tour) since it seems be the highest rated tour in Ketchikan, and we love nature, animals, sea creatures. BUT we have one person in our group that doesn't speak any English. Is this tour worth doing for non-English speakers? It's a fairly pricey tour and I'm afraid that it's not going to worth the cost for the foreigner visitor in our group who can't understand any English and doesn't know anything about the Deadliest Catch. Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has done the tour before. Are we better off doing something else that involves less talking? Any other recommendations in Ketchikan that fit our interest?

I can't speak about the tour as I have never taken it. You don't mention what language that this person speaks. I'm assuming that someone in your group speaks their language and could serve as a translator. Perhaps they could watch a few episodes of the deadliest catch to get some insight on Bering Sea fishermen.  This would give them a basic understanding which should make some of the tour easier to follow. The Discovery Channel  airs the Deadliest Catch which is shown in many countries in several different languages. The following info is from Wikipedia

The Discovery Channel reaches 431 million homes in 170 countries. Discovery Communications currently offers 29 network brands in 33 languages. In a number of countries, Discovery's channels are available on digital  platforms with multiple language soundtracks or subtitles including Spanish, German, Russian, Czech, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Bengali, Dutch, Portuguese, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Turkish, Greek, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian, Arabic, Slovene, Japanese, Korean and Serbian. In Bulgaria, Discovery has, since 2000–2001, displayed Bulgarian subtitles by all cable providers and since 2010 – with Bulgarian dubbing for some shows.

The Deadliest Catch excursion is a photographer's dream with lots of soaring eagles feeding on the fish tossed into the water.  The subsequent action of the fishing demos is a lot more important than the banter of the crew.  The non-English speaker will enjoy themselves.  Here is a link to my photo review of the excursion:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/place/alaska-2/ketchikan-2/ketchikan-crab-fishing