St. Lucia Tour without Volcano

TexasHikers

We will be in St. Lucia in late March, 2019.  I have looked at a lot of the tours, but all the ones that include the pitons and tours of the island includes the mud baths.  We are not interested in going to the mud baths/volcano.  We are interested in Pigeon Island, Diamond Falls botanical gardens and the pitons and the government house and seeing the various villages.  I just wondered if anyone had taken an island tour without the mud baths..

5 hours ago, TexasHikers said:

We will be in St. Lucia in late March, 2019.  I have looked at a lot of the tours, but all the ones that include the pitons and tours of the island includes the mud baths.  We are not interested in going to the mud baths/volcano.  We are interested in Pigeon Island, Diamond Falls botanical gardens and the pitons and the government house and seeing the various villages.  I just wondered if anyone had taken an island tour without the mud baths..

Sorry have to pick one or the other thete 

Pigeon Island is at the opposite end of the island from Diamond Falls, Pitons, etc 

You can do yours or arrange a private taxi tour to Soufriere and sights in the area easy enough.  Most tours have the mud baths as optional, many opt not to do them and take the short volcano tour itself instead.  It's short and informative.   

Or hire a driver for the day, around $209 plus any entrance fees, food  and drinks, etc and hit the sights you want - but it's very very unlikely you'll be able to do both Soufriere,  Pitons, etc and Pigeon Island - they're too far apart for a limited shore visit.  

Enjoy.

Thank you for the information on not having to do the mud baths.  Since we will have to choose, I guess Soufriere area and the Diamond Falls, Pitons, etc. would provide a more interesting day in St. Lucia.  We have never been to St. Lucia.  We enjoy all the things these have to offer, but I am not sure Pigeon Island would give us enough to do for a day.  We like to hike, but from what I have read, the hikes are quite easy and do not take long. 

On 11/5/2018 at 6:32 AM, TexasHikers said:

Thank you for the information on not having to do the mud baths.  Since we will have to choose, I guess Soufriere area and the Diamond Falls, Pitons, etc. would provide a more interesting day in St. Lucia.  We have never been to St. Lucia.  We enjoy all the things these have to offer, but I am not sure Pigeon Island would give us enough to do for a day.  We like to hike, but from what I have read, the hikes are quite easy and do not take long. 

The hikes at PI are - at most - 1.5 hours. Fort Rodney is a paved path, can easily be done in flip flops, Sandals, etc. Signal Hill is more challenging, but still only maybe 30-45 minutes round trip.  

The beach is lovely, ruins are interesting, some small decent reefs... A full davit is not, but a relaxing day with some history is it is 

The main sites, what makes us interesting and unique is the Pitons and volcano...