Symphony Sushi Making Class

sh2738

Fellow Cruisers, 

I have a quick question for y'all that have done the Sushi Making Class. I am interested in this especially since  my traveling buddy maker her own sushi. However, she is a vegetarian so no seafood for her but she loves vegetarian friendly sushi. Would she be able to eat any of the sushi? I don't want to book this just to find out that she can only watch. Thanks. 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve done the Sushi class twice on two different ships. On each one we made three types of Sushi: one with Ahi tuna, one with shrimp and one with vegetables.  

You shouldn’t have to book this too far ahead of time, so stop by Izumi on your first day and see what they say.  They were quick to offer us a 30% discount on the class. 

I just signed up for this the other day for our April cruise.  We are not vegetarians (but we love sushi!) and I had read about this class on the boards recently.  I recall that the author had indicated that they do cater to vegetarians and made sure that they had separate tools etc.  I think it sounds great.

SMC99 - I wonder if I should cancel and wait to sign up...do they generally discount it during the cruise vs. pre-planning purchase?

I don’t know what to tell you: he may have offered the discount because there were 6 of us. 

41 minutes ago, Zendeck said:

SMC99 - I wonder if I should cancel and wait to sign up...do they generally discount it during the cruise vs. pre-planning purchase?

8 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

They will offer discounts to fill the class.  If they have already made lots of sales and filled the class, they won't.  Pretty simple.

Yes makes sense.  I’ll just keep it.  I like the day and time I picked.  Thanks!