Still having log on issues...help.

I understand log on issues are still being worked on but a problem I'm having today is when trying to log on it used to default to my screen name ...

Now it's defaulting to my email address and I have to delete that each time and put in my screen name (user name). Any one else having this issue?

It just started today doing that.

my problem is  I have to log in each time 

sometimes if I do not log out  when I leave  CC 

when I return it says log out on the icon at the top right thinking I am logged in   but no new messages show until I log out & back in again

just started this morning

I rarely logged out  before  today  & it always  came up with new posts on returning

what a mess  this site is becoming

7 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I rarely logged out  before  today  & it always  came up with new posts on returning

what a mess  this site is becoming

From the behaviour changes that I've seen, CC has been trying to apply a fix to an identified problem, which was that if you logged in to boards.cruisecritic.com you were not logged in to cruisecritic.com, and if you were logged in to cruisecritic.com you were not logged in to boards.cruisecritic.com.

What I've seen so far suggests that this problem has been fixed, but it looks like everyone has had to log in again.

There's a misconception on CC that you can avoid logging out by not logging out. That was never true. You were always logged out after a period of inactivity. But if you had the correct cookie set, whenever you came back to CC you were automatically logged in again.

With the work done yesterday, I suspect that all it was was that the automatic log-in cookies didn't work after the fix, hence the need to log in again.

I'm not sure about current automatic log-in settings, though, because I don't use them.