Casa Faena

danicolie

Anyone ever stay at Casa Faena on Collins Ave?  It has an excellent rating on Tripadvisor.  Wondering what the area is like?  We're looking for a quiet area with a nice beach.  Does the free trolley go up that far if we want to use it to go visit South Beach? 

It's in a much more quiet area in mid beach.  The trolley does not go that far, but Uber is plentiful and cheap enough that it shouldn't be a concern.  I don't know anything about that hotel itself, however.  But if the reviews are good, I think you'll be fine.

On 11/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, danicolie said:

Anyone ever stay at Casa Faena on Collins Ave?  It has an excellent rating on Tripadvisor.  Wondering what the area is like?  We're looking for a quiet area with a nice beach.  Does the free trolley go up that far if we want to use it to go visit South Beach? 

It's a really cool hotel in a fantastic location with a fantastic beach!  Super swank with great rooms.  The Living Room at The Faena is one of the hottest lounges in Miami.  The great thing about that is on busy weekends the hotel only allows guests of the hotel in the bar.  

Don't think it is a bunch of twenty somethings because it isn't.  I don't know your age but my husband and I are north of 40 and we LOVE to stay there and hang out.  The beach is very wide in that area.

The location is just north of South Beach so you can still walk the 14 blocks or so to Lincoln Road Mall or it is a very short Uber ride.

I think it is a win/win situation for you from what you have described.

The board moderator I believe was there a couple of months ago.

42 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

It's a really cool hotel in a fantastic location with a fantastic beach!  Super swank with great rooms.  The Living Room at The Faena is one of the hottest lounges in Miami.  The great thing about that is on busy weekends the hotel only allows guests of the hotel in the bar.  

Thank you Blue Herons!  I'm very glad to hear that the location is great but this is where I'm getting confused.  After much research, I believe I figured out that the "Living Room" is in the Faena Hotel.   Not at the Casa Faena which is the small hotel across the street from Faena hotel.  From what I gather, Casa Faena was originally The Claridge hotel which was bought by Faena and renovated.

We're in our 40s travelling with my mom and aunt (60s).  Staying 2 nights before our cruise.  We're big beach people so I'm glad to hear the beach is nice!  We get beach club privileges at the Faena hotel.   We'll also be sure to go check our the Living Room.  I'm just concerned about the Casa Faena hotel itself.  I hope it's OK.  Wondering if anyone knows anything about it now that it's been taken over by the Faena group.   It still has excellent ratings on Tripadvisor but maybe people are rating it thinking it's the actual Faena hotel.