Escape - HDMI?

cruisingpluto

7 hours ago, cruisingpluto said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what type of tv's are on the ship?  Has anyone been successful plugging in an hdmi cable?

Thanks.

MKing was just on last week and reported Sole and said you could unplug cord and put yours in and you'd be good IIRC.  If you are Haven they might be different brand.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dexddd said:

MKing was just on last week and reported Sole and said you could unplug cord and put yours in and you'd be good IIRC.  If you are Haven they might be different brand.

Dexdd - 99% sure that I posted my tips last night here but it's gone/not here, I must be dreaming or that CC's site is acting up again ... whatever.  OP,  hYYere's the link to post #90 on my Semi-Live Escape Halloween thread, with photo showing the connections.  

Need to have a good 6' or 10' HDMI cable and depending on the specific stateroom's layout, a 10' or 15' extension cord for the source (laptop PC or DVD player, etc.)   We had an unique & unusual cabin layout/design and the nearest powered 110 volts outlet is a good 10' plus away by the entry door.  Typical balcony stateroom is much easier (see my previous Breakaway posts about it, very easy).  You cannot change or switch the input source, it is firmware flashed-locked by design, as hospitality hardware ... high end Harmony universal remote are just as useless.   Inside & most Oceanviews on the Escape are very difficult, in terms of reaching behind the Sole TV to disconnect & reconnect, have a LED flashlight or use smartphone's LED to shine below.  Good luck. 

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Dexdd - 99% sure that I posted my tips last night here but it's gone/not here, I must be dreaming or that CC's site is acting up again ... whatever.  OP,  hYYere's the link to post #90 on my Semi-Live Escape Halloween thread, with photo showing the connections.  

Need to have a good 6' or 10' HDMI cable and depending on the specific stateroom's layout, a 10' or 15' extension cord for the source (laptop PC or DVD player, etc.)   We had an unique & unusual cabin layout/design and the nearest powered 110 volts outlet is a good 10' plus away by the entry door.  Typical balcony stateroom is much easier (see my previous Breakaway posts about it, very easy).  You cannot change or switch the input source, it is firmware flashed-locked by design, as hospitality hardware ... high end Harmony universal remote are just as useless.   Inside & most Oceanviews on the Escape are very difficult, in terms of reaching behind the Sole TV to disconnect & reconnect, have a LED flashlight or use smartphone's LED to shine below.  Good luck. 

Well, at least I'm not the only one that has posts go poof.  I was surprised you hadn't posted yet but I figured maybe you were actually sleeping for once and not watching cruise traffic in NYC and listening to all the radio traffic!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...