Luggage direct to airport

Mugu

5 minutes ago, George C said:

We used luggage valet on navigator doing abc islands last November, only issue was luggage went to a totally different terminal at dfw airport which was a hassle, this was a free perk since we were in a suite, 

Luggage Valet should have had nothing to do with it.... your bags when on your plane with you.  If your bags went to a different terminal, ALL bags from that same flight should have gone to that terminal.  

I used this service on our last Celebrity cruise. Here's a warning. Carefully check your boarding passes as soon as you get them. We just took a quick look when we got them. Later just before dinner I looked closely and realized my name was misspelled,  our seats were different numbers,  and my TSA Precheck was missing.  I immediately went to Guest Relations.  I couldn't even get my story out before I was interrupted and told they have nothing to do with it, that it comes from the airline. I told them they needed to get ahold of the airline to correct it and the man told me I would be OK getting on the plane. He was very dismissive and I told him that TSA expects my name on my ID to match my ticket!  I was asked to provide a copy of our reservation when we paid for the service so they had all the correct information.  I asked for a supervisor.  She was more sympathetic but only said she would try to see if she could do anything because they had never had that happen before. She told me to check back later. I got to the elevator and an officer overheard me talking to my husband. He called the Hotel Director who came immediately.  He was extremely nice and I said I was the most upset at how dismissive the staff had been. I understand that mistakes happen and that they may be rare, but this is my transportation home and if I don't get it corrected before I leave the ship in the morning, I'm in trouble.  He told me to go enjoy dinner and he would see that it was taken care of.  Boy did he take care of me! He sent wine to our table followed by the supervisor who hand delivered our corrected boarding passes. The next day I realized that not only did I receive a refund of the fee but also a very generous credit to our bill. I saw the Hotel Manager as I got off the ship and he was extremely gracious.  A great outcome for us, and a lesson learned to check the paperwork right away. I will definitely use the service again as it was flawless after that.

Another minor thing to check. Keep your boarding pass!  The printed boarding pass also has your luggage tag ID - not one of those one-inch stickers the airline usually gives you.

Didn’t realize this until my bags weren’t on the carousel. Easy fix - they had come in on an earlier flight and air line personnel had pulled them to hold, but they asked for the luggage tag number, which I didn’t realize was printed on boarding pass. 

14 hours ago, brillohead said:

Luggage Valet should have had nothing to do with it.... your bags when on your plane with you.  If your bags went to a different terminal, ALL bags from that same flight should have gone to that terminal.  

Your incorrect all bags went to terminal we landed at except the three we used luggage direct, we did check one bag and that also went to he correct terminal , we had a late flight and somehow they went to a totally different terminal. Not blaming service we kept waiting for rest of bags until all bags were delivered except 3 of ours. We normally never wait long so nice we fly first.