Mid-aft room

amberrx

Hello fellow cruisers, 

I'm interested in booking a mid-aft cabin to get a suite on Royal Princess for an Alaskan cruise.  However, I have concerns about the mid-aft location.  For any of you that have had a mid-aft cabin can you please share what the motion, engine noise, and ship vibration is like in this cabin location? 

Thank you 

23 minutes ago, amberrx said:

Hello fellow cruisers, 

I'm interested in booking a mid-aft cabin to get a suite on Royal Princess for an Alaskan cruise.  However, I have concerns about the mid-aft location.  For any of you that have had a mid-aft cabin can you please share what the motion, engine noise, and ship vibration is like in this cabin location? 

Thank you 

We always book a mid-aft cabin on the Royal class ships.  Never had a problem with ship motion, vibration, or engine noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure why you're concerned about any of that stuff with a mid-aft location. Motion is generally minimal there and noise and vibration issues are more prevalent farther back and down.

My concern with the mid-aft suites on Royal class ships is the ridiculously small balconies. They're almost insulting to someone who has spent a lot of money for a suite. 4 feet deep.

Jim

• Thanks 1

We always book a mid-aft cabin near the aft elevator bank.  This just seems to be where we end up on every ship these days.  We have never noticed the engine noise or particularly rough ride in choppy seas.  Mid ship low is the best location for choppy seas although many times even on a TA the seas were not that bad.  We have been on several AK cruises and never had high sea problems as the ship in or near the intercoastal waterway.  I do not believe the OP has anything to worry about. 

18 hours ago, pcsunlover said:

I have a mid-aft penthouse suite on the Royal in December. I can let you know how it was when I return. I had a mid-aft balcony on the Regal and didn’t notice any noise or vibrations.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to your cabin review. Hope you have a fantastic cruise. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, satxdiver said:

We always book a mid-aft cabin near the aft elevator bank.  This just seems to be where we end up on every ship these days.  We have never noticed the engine noise or particularly rough ride in choppy seas.  Mid ship low is the best location for choppy seas although many times even on a TA the seas were not that bad.  We have been on several AK cruises and never had high sea problems as the ship in or near the intercoastal waterway.  I do not believe the OP has anything to worry about. 

Thank you for the informative information. 

17 hours ago, jasbo49 said:

I'm not sure why you're concerned about any of that stuff with a mid-aft location. Motion is generally minimal there and noise and vibration issues are more prevalent farther back and down.

My concern with the mid-aft suites on Royal class ships is the ridiculously small balconies. They're almost insulting to someone who has spent a lot of money for a suite. 4 feet deep.

Jim

Jim, thank you for the informative information.  

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 11:46 AM, amberrx said:

Thank you, I'm looking forward to your cabin review. Hope you have a fantastic cruise. 

We are currently on the Royal in a mid aft penthouse suite.  I am not noticing any noise or motion beyond the usual occasional rattle here and there. The ship seems to be pretty steady even though the tenders to Princess Cay had to be delayed for a bit because of the rough sea.  We would book this cabin again, although the balcony isn’t that great - too narrow. If my opinion changes during the week, I’ll let you know!