Drinks Card

MsBehave

Hi there 

Can someone please tell me about a drinks card? 

I know there is a coffee card but have only just read about a drinks card (alcohol). 

Hubbie and friends dont drink enough for a drinks package. 

We are going on Quantum in October 2019. 

TIA

From what I have read from other posters, the day of the cruise that the Drink Card is offered varies and the price varies as well.

I just got off the Anthem today & the Drink Card was offered on Day Two for this sailing. It was posted in the Cruise Compass and on small signs at the bars. It cost $79 plus 18% gratuity for 10 drinks. You are given a small card that you show to bartender or wait staff when ordering a drink and they mark each number on your card for each drink you order. You can use it to order beer, glasses of wine & cocktails up to $12. You can order multiple drinks at once or one at a time.

Buying the Drink Card plus bringing two bottles of wine onboard worked out perfectly for me.

• Thanks 2

No, on the soft drinks option - there's the soda package, but not a "10 sodas" package.

And on Anthem, you were limited to $12 or less drinks (at least according to the ship ad), and almost all the "name cocktails" were $13...so you won't be able to order the fun specialty drinks on the menu with the card, at least on Anthem.  It would be very useful for wine, b/c there were a lot of price points, and many were $10-12 (or the sweet spot to get a nice discount with the card)...

PS - We got the card option on Day 2 of the most recent Anthem cruise, probably b/c the bars were so empty Day 1.  My husband said he literally walked up with his drinks package to any bar on Day 1 and ordered anything he wanted immediately, so I think they were trying to spur "drinks demand" for this cruise...the card may not be available so early on other cruises...

Edited by TwoMisfits

27 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

No, on the soft drinks option - there's the soda package, but not a "10 sodas" package.

And on Anthem, you were limited to $12 or less drinks (at least according to the ship ad), and almost all the "name cocktails" were $13...so you won't be able to order the fun specialty drinks on the menu with the card, at least on Anthem.  It would be very useful for wine, b/c there were a lot of price points, and many were $10-12 (or the sweet spot to get a nice discount with the card)...

PS - We got the card option on Day 2 of the most recent Anthem cruise, probably b/c the bars were so empty Day 1.  My husband said he literally walked up with his drinks package to any bar on Day 1 and ordered anything he wanted immediately, so I think they were trying to spur "drinks demand" for this cruise...the card may not be available so early on other cruises...

Did they discount the drink card at all?  Someone posted a picture of a sign they saw at a bar showing 15% discount for diamonds, 20% for Diamond + and 25% for Pinnacle.  The sign wasn't from Anthem, forget what ship it was from, but am hoping Anthem discounts as well.

19 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Did they discount the drink card at all?  Someone posted a picture of a sign they saw at a bar showing 15% discount for diamonds, 20% for Diamond + and 25% for Pinnacle.  The sign wasn't from Anthem, forget what ship it was from, but am hoping Anthem discounts as well.

On the Anthem I didn't notice a discount sign at all for the Drink card.

2 minutes ago, Dina7 said:

On the Anthem I didn't notice a discount sign at all for the Drink card.

Okay, thanks for the reply.  Will see what they are doing in January.  We have never seen them offer the card on Day 2, it is always much later in the cruise.  If we see it Day 2, it is definitely worth it.

• Like 1

On Allure Halloween week the drink cards were offered on day 4 for $79 for 10 drinks. One thing to think about is tax. I bought the first drink card when ported in San Juan and had to pay sales tax on it, like $102 total. I bought a second card on the next sea day and did not have to pay sales tax, so about $93. It was a good deal none the less.

• Like 1