Carnival Web Site: Past Guest Feature not working right ??

voyagerfl

I went to Carnivals latest "New & Imporved" site.

Tryed to enter with my old login and password.

It would not work. I finally tried using an old / old e-mail address (which I don't have anymore) (and yes, I had updated it to the new one)

It said it would send a new password to that address........Which won't work...cause I dont hav e it anymore !

I tried registering a new name. Which Sorta worked.

However, it won't let me enter my past guest number...as it says it is already associated with another profile. Which of course I can't access ! icon_frown.gif

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Once the new site kicked in, you needed to request a new password.

On the Carnival Homepage: "If you previously registered with us you will need a new password. Enter your email address to receive

your new password.

I don't know if you're beyond that step now?, might want to try that next.

chantal

Legend, here we come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;4;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

-Cruisin' the Legend 4/23/04!

-Sensational Sensation 4/15/01

I received my new password from them in email, a very lengthy one at that. It says to change your password click on this link that there is no where to change it that I have found. So I must cut and paste it each time, because I will never remember it. They still have kinks to work out it looks like.

I had the same problem as sun&sea. Then I found the e-mail in my spam folder. For some reason, AOL thinks that any mail coming from Carnival is spam.

To change your password, click on "Profile". When you change it, it will act like nothing has happened. Your password will have changed but it keeps popping the same screen back up. That's the way it worked with me anyway.

Dick

"To Sea or Not To Sea"

~~^~~Sea Ya!~~^~~

Destiny 02-28-99

Victory 02-24-01

Conquest 02-09-03

I was able to change my password with little effort but the problem I'm having concerns my Past Guest Number. When I try to add my Past Guest Number to my profile so that all my previous Carnival cruises are listed, I get the message that it is being use by "another member" and therefore cannot be assigned to my profile. The only "other member" using that particular number would have to be me on the old Carnival website and obviously that information was not transferred to my user ID on the new Carnival website. I even chose the same user name as I had on the old website hoping this would avoid any conflict beween different user names for the same person but I guess even that didn't help. I guess I'll just have to e-mail them to get this issue resolved. Anyone else run into the same problem, and if so, how did you get it corrected?

Boatwht.gif

I was also told my past guest number was in use by another member, then when I went back in later in did show under my profile.

I didn't change my ID though, I used the same one that I had already registered with. My password didn't work (or I had the wrong one) and Carnival emailed me a new one within seconds

I didn't change my ID either smceown; I used the same one I've been using for the past three years and it still told me my past guest number is in use by another member.

Boatwht.gif

my old password didnt work either, so I requested another one, got it, entered it & then changed it back to my old password thru the profile. It seems to work now.

The only problem so far is the specials/promotions are not working yet.

NCL Sea November 2001

NCL Sun November 2002

Carnival Legend November 2004

Geeeez.....Carnivals Websites have always been a Pain In My As*

I tried to use their "Contact Us"

LoL...now why did I expect that to work.

It kept telling me I could use only 300 Characters to make comment.

I pared and pared down my words.

I finally even pasted it into MS Word and used the Word / Character Count feature.

In the end, it gave me the same message no matter how many Characters I used....

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

They make me Carzy.

YOU WOULD THINK SUCH A BIG COMPANY COULD HIRE A COMPETENT WEB SITE TEAM.

BUT NEVER IN MY MANY YEARS EXPERIENCE WITH THEM.

I can't even get ON Carnival's website today. I finally have my SIL's family's passport info here to enter it into the FunPass, and I can't get the website to open.

Beth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Countdown to Glory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Emerald Seas 6/86

Emerald Seas 11/87

S.S. Royale 10/88

Celebration 6/97

Grandeur of the Seas 6/98

Sensation 6/99

Carnival Triumph 6/00

Carnival Triumph 11/17/01

Enchantment of the Seas 10/27/02

Carnival Victory 5/25/03

Carnival Glory 5/22/04

I'm so glad to see that it isn't just me having these problems. And I mean exact same problems - another user has my past guest #, can't exceed 300 characters on the contact form etc. Is the only way to get this resolved with a phone call? Has anyone been able to figure this out yet?

Carnival Miracle 10/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

The only thing I had to do is request a new password to be e-mailed to me. When it was, I was able to change it. I then was able to enter my past cruiser #. My DH on the other hand had my friends name under his e-mail address because I used his e-mail address when I booked her cruise. I just changed then name & other info. & updated. Then I went back into his profile & I could put his past cruiser #. So those of you that are having problems with your past cruiser #'s, maybe if you just retype your info. & update, then go back & put your past cruiser # in. Maybe that will work.

Eileen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;07;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

CARNIVAL CONQUEST 25TH ANNIVERSARY CRUISE

Fantasy 11/94

Sea Princess 11/99

Grand Princess 8/01

Rhapsody 1/03

My experience with this new site has been weird, to say the least...

I signed on the first weekend they rolled out this garbage and had no problems. I got the new password, finally added my booking number (all caps, BTW!), and both of my previous cruises were listed, though it was a different past guest number than I had been previously been given by Carnival on the phone. icon_eek.gif

Now, however, my Holiday sailing is missing, and I get the same error message at the top when I try to add a previous sailing.

I created a new account and tried to add the past guest number they gave me a while back, but it "doesn't exist".

This is madness! How can they have both of my cruises listed, and then "lose" one without letting me add it back?

'Till 5/2 on the Elation...

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;2;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Holiday 12/00 - Baja

Elation 05/02 - Mexican Riviera

Elation 05/04 - W. Carribbean

Their website stinks!!!!!!. I was able to register, although it took 5 days for them to send me a password. Now when i go to my profile to enter my booking #, it keeps saying an error has occurred and to click here for support@carnival.com or something like that. I click on it, opens up an e-mail, write in my problem (about 10 words in length) and later in my e-mail i get an email that says carnivals e-mail address is no good. geesh!!!!!!

Debbie

<IMRSRC="http://escati.linkopp.net/cg

After about five tries, I finally got the password thing settled.

What I keep trying to do now is add the rest of my cruises, but all they show is the past two. Every time (and it's a bit time consuming) I try to add the other six, I get that "error" message, try at another time........geez. It's not worth it! icon_mad.gif

Festivale 1987

Carnivale 1988

Mardi Gras 1989

Pacific Princess 1990

Norway 1994

Holiday 2001

Holiday 2002

Holiday 2003

I've called Carnival twice in the past two days - I can not get my booking number towork - I keep getting the " this does not match" message - The CCL reps at the listed phone number are clueless - one told me to call back today - and today - she told me to call beack in 3 months.........is this anyway to run a company???? Anyone have the president's email (CCL - not Bush)- I'd like to drop him a note.

PRIDE 06/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

'004/12 4/12 PRIDE CRUISEajezine@usa.com

Pride 4/03

Inspiration 7/21/02

Pacific Princess '00

Magesty of the Seas '99

Big Red Boat '98 (cheerleader cruise)

Celebration '97

Norway '91

Southward '88

Sunward II '86

Starward '83

Managed to get an (automated) e-mail reply from Carnival. It included the following phone number.

* If you are experiencing a problem with Carnival's web site, please contact the

Fun Ship Links Support Desk at 1(800) 845-2599.

I called..around 10:00 a.m. ..and got a menu with about 10 choices, so i just did nothing and waited for the 'first available' person.

The girl I got...lisened, asked for all my info, e-mail, past guest number, password, etc.

she put me on hold, then came back and said she had passed the info on to someone that would update my account.

She also acknowledged that they were have problems with the system.

It's now 2 am, the next day and it's still not updated....I have a feeling this will take quite awhile.

NOTE:

TO ANYONE THAT HAS NOT RE-REGISTERED YET!

The girl I talked to also "claimed" that if....when you first register a New name, if you 'Check' that you are Not a past guest and that you have not sailed before, that you can usually go in later and enter your past guest number and it will take it....she said this method somehow fools the system....

Make any sense ???

Archived