California Wildfires

MJSailors

9 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

This is unbelievable. Also, I’ve just learned that THREE separate households of relatives  ( my cousins)  have lost everything in The Paradise fire.  

Depicted: Poor air today in the San Francisco Bay Area today and yesterday, 150 miles from the Northern fire. The smell is awful.  

I am so sorry to hear that about your cousins.  It is just heartbreaking!  😥

And yes, the sky had the weirdest pink glow to it yesterday.   The day before, the sun was just appearing like a red ball behind all the smoke.  This is in the afternoon.  Looked so ominous!  

Camp Fire.jpg

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, wizard-of-roz said:

I live in the center of all of the burn areas.....We moved out of the hilly/mountain areas years ago because my DH wanted to be able to walk to all conveniences.  SMART MOVE!  I can see the smoke and poor air in every direction.  Going to the market yesterday was something out of an apocalypse movie.  Everyone had the look of shell-shock on their faces and in their stares.  The shelves were absolutely being cleared.  The winds had finally died down but we knew that the promise of more strong winds was in our future.

Well, the winds are back and the fires have kick-started again today.  The firefighters were given a break and we've been promised assistance from other states.

I'll be cruising in a few weeks onboard the Emerald to Hawaii out of San Pedro.  I'm expecting that there will be some folks who will NOT be boarding due to these horrific fires. 

You absolutely can not believe what the fires areas look like.......war zones!  These were some of the most lovely and coveted areas  to live in, in Los Angeles. 

Hi Roz , glad to hear you're okay. So far I'm fine (In Chatsworth) Have a great time on your cruise

Will always remember sailing with you and Brenda