Looking for a certain picture

WeatherGeek

I'm looking for a picture I saw on the boards here a while back of a plane flying right over the beach as it was either taking off or landing. I believe it was in St. Thomas maybe? Anyway the plane looked like it was barely 20 feet off the ground. Can anyone help? Y'all know how lame the search feature is icon_rolleyes.gif

Thanks!

Tonya

I conquered the Conquest! 12/14/2003

Pictures

Haven't been to Maho Beach but know people who have -- they all claim the planes fly right over the beach. It is supposed to be an awesome feeling just experiencing it!

Check out this info:

http://www.kctravel.net/sxm/maho.html

http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessages.jsp?fid=5&tid=34467514&numresponses=1&start=0

Ken & Nancy dog1.gif

[This message was edited by Salty Dawg on 04-04-04 at 03:03 PM.]

I'm making a collection of interesting and unique travel pictures, which is why I was looking for a picture of planes flying over this beach. That's not the exact one I was thinking of, but it's probably a picture taken on the same beach. I like this one better actually, thanks Salty Dawg!

Tonya

Pictures

"That can't be a "real" pic can it ??"

That was my first thought when I saw it too. If it was that close to the ground, the landing gear would be fully out and they are only half way out on this plane.

Dick

"To Sea or Not To Sea"

~~^~~Sea Ya!~~^~~

Destiny 02-28-99

Victory 02-24-01

Conquest 02-09-03

I am confident that it's a real picture. I trunkated the web address back to www.jetphotos.net and did a search for other pictures of Maho Beach. There were 4 pages of photos of planes landing at the airport there. I never did find the exact photo I was originally looking for, but I like the picture Salty Dawg directed me to better anyway icon_razz.gif

Tonya

Pictures

Looks pretty real to me... There is even a shadow on the sand down the beach. But who knows? Just about anything can be done these days with pics.

Bigger the ship, bigger the party!

7_2_117.gif

Conquest 04/11/04

Inspiration 05/27/01

Days until our next cruise!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;4;11;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

That is a real photo. Happens all the time at the airport in St. Maarten. There are tons of photos on the internet showing planes landing.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Here is another shot. You can see people on the ground also taking pics.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/114795998/114810826MgTGlR

http://community.webshots.com/photo/92628164/92630886TEzCBl

Jeff

Destiny 10/03/04 Roll Call

Destiny,Past,Present and Future Cruisers

10/03/04 Date with Destiny

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=006400&cdt=2004;10;3;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You can get just about this close at Lindberg field in San Diego. I remember waiting on line for restaurants near the airport and being able to see the faces of the people in the places as they came in to land. It was pretty amazing.

doris

"I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine"--Caskie Stinnett

Elation 10/20/02

Paradise 9/21/03

Star Princess 10/24/04

Maho Beach landings are AWESOME!

If you have broadband, check out some of the videos over at my SXM Yahoo Briefcase.

Especially AF747 and aa_landing.

_____

We must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it -- but we must sail, and not drift, nor lie at anchor. Oliver Wendell Holmes

Oh I thought this was about that pic of some Destiny class Carnival ship plowing through fifty foot waves. The one that you expected to see Godzilla in.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/04

Star Princess 10/04

Carnival Spirit 12/04

Archived