Carnival Liberty ~ Question re Dining Selection

shannonelaine1120

I have a quick question regarding dining selection on Carnival Liberty. I originally selected early dinning, but decided I would like to change to Anytime Dining. However, when I called to try to change it, the Carnival rep said that Anytime Dining is completely booked and we cannot switch. The other people in our group have already selected Anytime Dinning and we really want to sit with them during Dinner. The Carnival rep said when we board we can go to the dinning room and ask the maitre d if it would be possible for us to switch- but she gave me the impression that it is not guaranteed that we will be able to get switched to anytime dinning. My question is, is there a possibility that the maitre d will tell us we can't switch and we will HAVE to go to early dinning? Or will they typically just reassign us to anytime dinning if we ask?  Thanks in advance!

If they are able to they will grant your request but it is not guaranteed. They can't just change you if the space is not there. However, others will also be trying to change dining options and you may luck out. Go early when the maitre d is accepting requests.

My experience with Any Time Dining is that once it fills up, it's hard to get switched to it.  You can always ask when you get on board but so far, I haven't had any luck with that.

You might have to eat at the steakhouse or the buffet if you want to eat dinner together.

Edited by CruisinCrow