Bold vs Non-Bold Topics???

When I go to a forum I see all bold titles since I last clicked on "mark site read".  However, when I click on a thread that is bold, read what I want to, then go back to the forum page, all threads including the one I looked at, and below are no longer bold. This is a pain in the rear because I now have to think (I know that is terrible, right:classic_biggrin:) about how long ago has it been since I last logged in and look at the time stamp. Is this an issue on the agenda to be fixed?

Edited by pizzalady1

9 hours ago, pizzalady1 said:

When I go to a forum I see all bold titles since I last clicked on "mark site read".  However, when I click on a thread that is bold, read what I want to, then go back to the forum page, all threads including the one I looked at, and below are no longer bold. This is a pain in the rear because I now have to think (I know that is terrible, right:classic_biggrin:) about how long ago has it been since I last logged in and look at the time stamp. Is this an issue on the agenda to be fixed?

I can't reproduce the problem. I've just tried going to a forum with a number of threads marked either read or unread, opening a thread in the middle of the list of bold (unread) threads, and then going back to the forum page. And here are the before and after screenshots:-

292lcm1.jpg

2z6ce3s.jpg

Today I also can't replicate the problem. However, I am getting a variation of tha problem. Page 1 is bold, but page 2 and 3 are not bold even though the posts are new.  This has just happened on three forums : Royal, NCL, Princess. What the heck-why am I getting these issues and others are not?

17 minutes ago, pizzalady1 said:

Today I also can't replicate the problem. However, I am getting a variation of tha problem. Page 1 is bold, but page 2 and 3 are not bold even though the posts are new.  This has just happened on three forums : Royal, NCL, Princess. What the heck-why am I getting these issues and others are not?

are you sure the posts on page 2 & 3  are  new since you last checked in?

That would be a lot of  new posts  IMO

Are you on a computer or phone?

I am using a computer and google chrome. Yes here are lots of new posts, especially on the RC forum. On RC, page 2 is frequently only a couple of hours old (however I still only get 25 posts per page, nothing I do can get 40). I tried your earlier suggestion and that did not work. All of these little issues combined are getting frustrating!

8 hours ago, pizzalady1 said:

I am using a computer and google chrome.

5 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I wonder if it is the browser

I use Firefox   & do not seem to have that issue

Chrome is my main browser (although none of the browsers I've tested show this problem).

So I'd suggest the other tried-and-tested old standby: clearing cookies and cache.

13 hours ago, Globaliser said:

Chrome is my main browser (although none of the browsers I've tested show this problem).

So I'd suggest the other tried-and-tested old standby: clearing cookies and cache.

All cleared, still happening. Moving over t firefox.

maybe something in your settings

look under Activity > MY ACTIVITY STREAMS   then click on Content

you will see some options at the top of the post listings

Not sure  why you are having a problem