Port of Miami Uber questions

Wvubm

It's my first time cruising and I am considering getting an uber from port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale airport. After disembarking, how difficult is it to get an uber? Also, is there usually surge pricing? We have a later flight (5:00 PM) so there's no rush to get out, just curious. If it matters, there are two of us, so we will be looking at uber X.

Edited by Wvubm

Welcome to the boards! :classic_cool:

Easy to get Uber or Lyft - typical wait time is about 5 minutes.  If you get off at later you will likely avoid any potential surge pricing.  Have a great cruise! :classic_biggrin:

Edited by JohninDC

We used Uber in Feb from Miami port to Fort Lauderdale with no problem.  We went to a hotel with day rooms as we had a later flight as well (7:00).  As I recall there is not much to do at FLL and I can’t imagine spending most of a day there.

• 2 weeks later...

Great questions: We have a VERY tight schedule on Monday, Dec. 17 to get from Miami International airport to Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale. 
Our flight arrives in Miami at 11:36am and we need to be on our ship in Fort Lauderdale between 1-3pm.  

LYFT, UBER or TAXI? 
We just want to get there fast!

Thank you in advance.

We are nervous.

All three options will get you there in about 45 min, give or take for traffic, but the taxi will cost about $75+ while UberX or standard Lyft will be about $35-40+.  Typical wait for an Uber/Lyft pickup at MIA is about 5 min.

We used Uber last March from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale.  Getting the Uber was a nightmare!  No one we asked knew where we should stand so the driver could find us.  the people working at the port, policemen, etc. none of them knew where you should stand to get your Uber.  We missed a couple of them, one actually picked up another couple and charged our account!  I called real quick and got that straightened out.  Another problem is it is very noisy on both phones and the Uber drivers I spoke to did not speak very good english so that was super frustrating!  We had a late flight out of FLL, so I had booked a day room at the B Hotel in FLL.  The hotel was really really nice.  However, traffic was terrible getting there and we lost so much time trying to get picked up that we did not have very much time there.  Just enough really to get lunch and a very quick nap.  We are leaving from Pt. Canaveral this Feb. and because of the confusion last time, my husband will not do it again.  We are getting a shuttle instead.