Another upgrade question

Robb

noticed yesterday that the cruise fare sail away rates dropped quite a bit for our departure next week...feeling bummed, who wouldn't love a little extra to spend on board...however, today, I noticed on my upgrade offer that my bids moved from Fair to Good....focus on the positives.....

On our last 2 successful (off-season, non-holiday) Upgrade bidding, the change to "processing" was about 3 days prior to deadline, 5 days from sailing and more recently, on the morning of the cutoff deadline to accept or decline, 1 day from printing out updated eDoc ... whew, was - admittedly, getting a bit nervous & worried.  It worked out just fine, better than expected - although we ended up on a lower deck & it wasn't really what DW truly "wished" for.  

We just did a late booking, a longer sailing in just a few weeks, and the offer to bid came within 24 hours, waited a bit before we placed our "bets" - checked PlusGrade's confirmation email yesterday and like @misstamster said, noticed that the bid meters actually moved higher ... even the Spa Balcony is now closer & within reach, IMO - on our sailing (it's still a long shot, I think - but it will be nice on those long sea days & when we don't want to step off the ship when docked or tendered).   Likewise, Haven prices dropped this week for the same cruise as it's getting closer with other Roll Call members watching & have bids pending.  It is a Calculs game of patience.  

Sometimes, it might be just as cost-effective to call in and ask about paying for a direct upgrade; AND, get all the "extra" perks with the choice of a specific stateroom or suite, if it is available.