Carnival: Primary traveler Age

kcook20

I was paying a portion of my cruise off and i see at the bottom

*If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who's 25 or older to your cabin

my friend and i will both be 22 at the time of sailing

I called customer service and she said no the website does not say that, you both will be fine to board because you will be 22. 

I am just confused as to why this note would be at the bottom of my payment confirmation if it is not true

7 minutes ago, kcook20 said:

I was paying a portion of my cruise off and i see at the bottom

*If the primary traveler in your room is 24 or under, you will need to add a cruiser who's 25 or older to your cabin

my friend and i will both be 22 at the time of sailing

I called customer service and she said no the website does not say that, you both will be fine to board because you will be 22. 

I am just confused as to why this note would be at the bottom of my payment confirmation if it is not true

I've found that many phone call service people don't really know all the rules.  And they'll just tell you what you want to hear.

I'd suggest calling again, and asking for a supervisor.  Hopefully, the supervisor will know better what the correct answer is.

However, on the Carnival website it does say this:

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding...

28 minutes ago, Shmoo here said:

I've found that many phone call service people don't really know all the rules.  And they'll just tell you what you want to hear.

I'd suggest calling again, and asking for a supervisor.  Hopefully, the supervisor will know better what the correct answer is.

However, on the Carnival website it does say this:

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding...

Thanks! I called again and luckily I had someone who understood my question and told me why the site says this

• Like 1