Urgent Final Payment Due

RWolver672

10 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

We took two cruises in 2017, never paid them off until shortly before due date and never got that "Urgent" notice.

See post #13.

I got another notice yesterday about 20 hours after that post.

11/21/18 - 21 days before due date

My past six cruises:

8/15/16 (1 person, 6E oceanview, 4 day Inspiration)

12/26/16 (2 people, 6E oceanview, 5 day Fantasy)

2/7/17 (1 person, 1A upper/lower porthole, 4 day Triumph)

5/8/17 (2 people, 8D balcony, 8 day Legend)

1/20/18 (2 people, 1A upper/lower porthole, 5 day Triumph)

1/28/18 (2 people, 7C balcony, 7 day Dream)

My next cruise: 2/10/19 (2 people, 6B oceanview, 5 day Sunshine)

I have now received this notice for seven cruises in a row.  I don't pay until a week before the due date.

I wonder if there is something about a booking that triggers the notice or if it is random.

1 minute ago, Tiger0613 said:

I wonder if there is something about a booking that triggers the notice or if it is random.

We know there's no rhyme or reason as to who gets a post cruise survey from Carnival so they do have a history of randomness. Since 1984 we've have never missed a final payment due date with Carnival. The URGENT email came as a surprise out of the blue last week. 

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

We know there's no rhyme or reason as to who gets a post cruise survey from Carnival so they do have a history of randomness. Since 1984 we've have never missed a final payment due date with Carnival. The URGENT email came as a surprise out of the blue last week. 

What makes this even more perplexing is that I also get the survey after every cruise that I have booked myself.  I have been on eight cruises, all with Carnival.  I got the survey after the last seven cruises.  My father booked the first cruise (6/15/02, 3 people, 5 day Jubilee) through a TA as part of a group.  I booked the other seven cruises directly from the 800 number.  I have never booked as part of a group. 

Just now, sanmarcosman said:

People here report some in their group on their first cruise received a survey and those on their third Carnival cruise did not. I have received several, what I call special surveys as well as the regular. These specials hone in on one topic or feature and ask more specific questions than the general post cruise survey. Some have been about entertainment, what TV shows we like to watch and one was about excursions. Random.