30th Birthday Suprise

Freeman3030

Hi,

My partner and I have been on 2 P&O cruises and have enjoyed them however we would like to try a different company to see how they compare. My partner is 30 next year and I'm planning on suprising him with a cruise. I have seen what I think is a good deal with MSC on the seaview that departs from barcelona and spending in the Med, which I think will be nice. They've currently got an offer of a balcony room for the price of an inside room which I would love to try as we've always has an inside room to keep the cost of the cruise to a minimum. However, having never tried MSC i've got a few questions.

1) With regards to dinner, can we request a table for 2 as we prefer to eat alone or are you seated on a table with others? I can imagine this is something that is remedied by paying more for one of their packages? e.g. bella/fantastica/auora

2) If we have to opt for a top package, how expensive are the paid for restaurants in order to get a table for two?

2) Are tips inclded or are these added onto your bill automatically? If so, how much are they typically when visiting the Med

3) What are the drinks prices like?

4) How efficient is disembarcation? Only that I plan to booking the flighs seperatly and need to choose a flight that is possible to make. The only reason I plan on booking the flights seperatly is because I plan on spending 3 nights in barcelona prior to the cruise.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks!

1) Only with Aurea or Yacht Club. With Bella and Fantastica, you take what they give you on a fixed time dining basis.

2) You can purchase a package of 3 restaurants for about $80pp. The Butchers Cut is $39pp for a fixed menu. i.e. very expensive!

3) Most cocktails are 9E, beer is about 6E and wine anything from 6E upwards....all plus 15%.

4) Shambolic in Genoa, other ports not so bad....Barcelona should be fine, best to book flights no earlier than 4/5 hours after the stated dock time.

An MSC cruise, outwith the Yacht Club which is fab and expensive, does not compare favourably with P&O IMHO. We have 43 cruises to date, with 15 cruiselines including P&O. Especially for a big birthday celebration!

Edited by hamrag

Hi freeman3030 

i was on MSC website today and I have noticed that you can book flight cruise and stay with them as a complete package. Maybe give them a call and see what they can do for you. (Can't remember where on their website I think it was when I was looking at my booking) good luck.