Adult drinks

golfer1903

Every day they offer on board the ships a drink of the day.  What do they cost and is that with the tax and tip or is that extra.

Also how do I put gift cards on my sail card to help pay for these and my automatic gratuities  that are charged per room can I add to my card from home or have to do on the ship

Thanks

On 11/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, golfer1903 said:

Every day they offer on board the ships a drink of the day.  What do they cost and is that with the tax and tip or is that extra.

Also how do I put gift cards on my sail card to help pay for these and my automatic gratuities  that are charged per room can I add to my card from home or have to do on the ship

Thanks

there is only tax if you order a drink whilie in port. At sea no tax, just tip.

I only went to the bar that has brunch and only mimosa was $9 or less. I didnt think of asking for the drink of the day. Ordered a boody mary which was $10.99. 

there were some drinks for 9.25 in the comedy club listed like rum punch or you could get a pitcher of rum punch that was enough for 4 drinks.

if you order a drink of the day in a take home glass I thought it was $2 extra, but could be $1 i forget, so be sure to order it in a regular glass or you will pay extra.

Just got home last sunday and we thought drink prices were high. sorry i didn get the down low specifically on drink of the day. Mostly we saw them quoted with the special take home glasses.

PS we didnt get tips added until almost the last sea day to our onboard accts. Id been checking my acct in one of those red kiosks. 

what kind of gift cards do you have. I see it says they take carnval gift cards of all types onboard, but i know they didnt used to take like visa cards that didnt have your name preprinted on them.

you just say gift cards, id say it depends.

Edited by firefly333

On 11/22/2018 at 4:18 PM, fyree39 said:

As for gift cards, you can add them at guest services or at the kiosk.  I brought gift cards on our last cruise and the process was smooth with no hiccups.

good to know they now take them. great. were these carnival gift cards or another kind?

Edited by firefly333

I only remember someone having a issue with a prepaid VISA card, so I looked it up. Hard to tell. 

here is from Carnival .... as you didnt say what kiind of gift card it was.

Carnival Gift Card
We accept the Carnival Gift Card as a form of payment (USD only) for your cruise reservation, online shore excursion purchases, spa service purchases and Fun Shop gift purchases as well as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account. At this time, we are not able to accept the Carnival Gift Card to purchase giftorders by telephone order.

If you use your Carnival Gift Card and then later cancel, any refund due back will be sent in the form of a new Carnival Gift Card. It will be mailed to the address on the booking profile and take 5-10 business days. If the booking was made through a travel agency, we will need to obtain your address in order to mail out a new CarnivalGift Card.

Gift Cards
We accept the following gift cards as a form of payment for your cruise reservation, online shore excursion purchases, spa service purchases and Fun Shop giftpurchases as well as deposit toward your onboard Sail & Sign account. Please note* - The American Express Gift Card cannot be used as deposit toward your onboardSail & Sign account.  

• American Express Gift Card*
  • Carnival Corporation Reward Card from American Express
  • MasterCard Gift Card
  • Visa Gift Card
  • The Discover Card Gift Card
  • Diner’s Club Gift Card

It is important to retain the credit card gift card in the event of cancellation and refund due. You will need to call the gift card issuing bank (800 number listed on the back of the card) and provide the gift card number used in order for them to issue a new gift card for the credit due.