Disembarking Meraveglia in Barcelona

GOIN2C

I have been reading various opinions on the late disembarking at various ports on  Meraveglia.  

Can anyone tell me what is the usual time  Meraveglia has been disembarking in Barcelona.

most flights home are at 12:50 pm and wondering if that is too early.

i do understand the port is a relatively short ride to airport

all help is appreciated

Edited by GOIN2C
Correct misspellings

Just returned from the Meraviglia on Sunday. I'm confident that you will have plenty of time with a 12:50pm flight. Debarkation at each port started promptly when we docked and you don't clear customs as you exit the cruise terminal, so its a very easy and fast process. DO keep in mind that the arrival time posted on your printed itinerary may vary from what the actual time will be. We noticed the entire week that the arrival/departure times were moved plus/minus one hour at pretty much all ports. I believe Barcelona was adjusted to 8:00am (our paper itinerary showed 7:00am).

We finished our cruise in Civitavecchia and they did the same thing there. They changed our arrival time to 8:00am which made me extremely nervous, considering that we had an 11:25am flight home and the airport is 45 minutes away. But even with the adjusted arrival time, we made our flight home. 

One thing to keep in mind is that, the night before the end of your cruise, you'll receive your debarkation information in your cabin, and it won't show an option for self-assist debarkation (at least ours didn't). It just provided our meeting point and time based on our color coded tags. When I went to the front desk to ask about a self-assist option after I learned about the time change, that's when I was informed that indeed I could proceed directly to the gangway and debark as soon as local authorities cleared us (interestingly, the customer service person that I spoke to didn't initially tell me that self assist was an option. She just replied yes when I asked her if I could do self-assist. I somewhat had to drag the information out of her).

It doesn't seem that many people were aware or interested in a self-assist option. There were probably 15-20 people total waiting to do self-assist, all of us with early flights back to the USA. We were off the ship 5 minutes after we docked and in our transportation to the airport 5 minutes after that. We made it to the airport by 9:15am.

Edited by Tapi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tapi said:

.....DO keep in mind that the arrival time posted on your printed itinerary may vary from what the actual time will be. We noticed the entire week that the arrival/departure times were moved plus/minus one hour at pretty much all ports. I believe Barcelona was adjusted to 8:00am (our paper itinerary showed 7:00am).

We finished our cruise in Civitavecchia and they did the same thing there. They changed our arrival time to 8:00am which made me extremely nervous, considering that we had an 11:25am flight home and the airport is 45 minutes away. But even with the adjusted arrival time, we made our flight home....

Yes, that was precisely our experience with most ports. My advice for flights home would be to plan on the basis that docking will be an hour later than stated on the itinerary....better an extra hour in the airport than a missed flight!

• Thanks 1