Robes - on Vista now they ask if you want them

firefly333

I had read a post here on CC saying someone who booked a inside Horizon cabin only had two cabinets of closets, not the usual 3, so I was curious and took picures. Sure enough our steward asked if we wanted them or not, and my roomie told him no thanks as it turned out.

I ran into someone at the platinum/diamond party who got charged for a robe last cruise, so its something to be aware of, that you might or might not get them and clarity so you arent later fighting a $50 charge for one.

The two closets we had on Vista, one had 3 drawers, some shelves and the safe and one side for hanging. (older ships have two sections for hanging). We had more shelves and 3 on each side of the mirror in the bathroom, but one less for hanging.

Hence the very good reason to ask if we wanted robes. There would be no place to hang both them and our clothes

IMG_20181111_144304.jpg

IMG_20181111_144600.jpg

22 minutes ago, ImANewfie said:

requesting robes makes perfect sense.  Think of the number of robes which were once placed in staterooms, each ship, each week, each room, fleet wide.   

Take that number and consider. there is no way to know if a person wore that robe for a week or 5 minutes, it HAD to be laundered after the guest leaves the cruise.

How many robes were sent to laundry in the event they may have been used.   What a waste of manpower, time, energy and more.

at least now, the only robes which are sent for laundry are those that are requested.

Simple math

As for the $50 charge, couple of comments.

Believe half of what you see, and less of what you hear.

in 60+ cruises, i have never been charged for a robe ( 11 cruises in the past year)

I do know of someone however, who was charged $50 for a robe, simply because they chose to take it home.

After having charges added for towels on 2 out of 9 cruises I have no trouble at all believing someone was charged for a robe. Next time I leave I am taking pics of my pool towels on the couch 😉

11 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Hence the very good reason to ask if we wanted robes. There would be no place to hang both them and our clothes

We always hung ours on the hook that had the cards for Do Not Disturb.  Not sure if those hooks are still on the newer ships though.

Im not sure I been paying attention tbh. I only knew because my roomie told me a few days into the cruise, oh i told the cabin steward we didnt want them. I dont wear them either and they were just in the way.

Agree its good they now ask because unless it was a really cold cruise, I wouldnt want them and maybe not then. I did see people wearing them in the buffet last Dec on a very cold cruise, but cant picture wearing them around myself. Just havent paid attention obviously. Put that in the same bucket with accidently throwing out my free drink coupon last time. Im half with it, takes me a while to realize things. So its been going on a few years already lol. thanks

As far as someone telling me they had a charge for one the last cruise they took and had to fight to get it off with Carnival. Why would they lie? Didnt sound made up, so I took them at their word. Mistakes happen in life.

Edited by firefly333