peace offering

Marc&Tara

Hey board-

This is my attempt at trying to put on a new face. Two weeks have now passed and the bad times on the cruise have started to fade, when we look at our pictures we see there was a lot of fun we had over that week, despite the unfortunate events that occurred. I went back and re-reas a lot of my posts, and while we really and truly are not fans of Costa after this particular honeymoon cruise, we expected more customer service, blah blah blah.... I could have toned it down a bit I guess, even though it really and truly was the disappointment that turned to anger when we got home. I posted what in my eyes was an honest review, but I can see how others may enjoy it, I want to try a few more cruises before I hang it up, and I can see this board may be a good opportunity to use others experiences and info - so with that said, if I offended anyone with the comments and my review - I am sorry, I have received a LOT of email from others with similar experiences however, and know I am not alone with our negative view of the cruise. I did fill out my survey, I was not brutal, but I was honest, even gave them a few "Goods"......

Anyways, no need to have enemies out there if I don't need to, I just got really defensive after my inital review was taken the way it was, I really even tried to be humorous in some area.... (remember the figs and dates... they really did look like......... ;o)

Anyways, The grinch of the board wants to make peace, so I am swallowing the pride and saying sorry if any of the comments offended, I didn't mean it, yes many were smelly, smoky, and rude, but not ALL, that's where I guess I went wrong, I went with ALL instead of many and lumped everyone of the 3100 people into one, and for that I am sorry.

I'll try to be more open - but I still feel the way I feel, that on the one particular cruise I was on, it could have been better in many areas..... But if the A/C had worked and the room more spacious etc we would have had a much better time, that one thing can really sour ones mood, and that's what happened with me... But look..... we had fun!!!! (See New Years pic below with my favorite bartended (I gave him the lightup hat), Richard from the Phillipenes - he really was great to us on the Magica)

See I'm even posting a crazy pic of myself to eat some crow here....

Still very interested to hear others experiences, both good and bad on the Magica, as it would be nice to hear when they master it, and try it again......

Thanks for listening.....

MARC

nymagica1.jpg.64a3f768791eca787bc376a8e5d940ca.jpg

These boards are for posting your experiences and OPINIONS. It's quite subjective and each person has an idea of what is important to him/her. No one is necessarily right or wrong, except for themselves. No doubt Costa is is a different experience. Whether it's better or worse is for each man or woman to decide.

BobK/Orlando

Marc, When You First Posted, My Wife And I Posted Our Review Of The 3 Day Cruise That We Took Dec16th.this Was Our First Costa Cruise.. We Agreed With Much Of Your Review. I Have Kept Up With All The Back And Forth Posting... It Was Really Getting Nasty... I Thank You For Posting Your Latest Post. I Do Hope That All Of The Other Costa Cruisers Accept Your Words And Bury The Hatchet.. We Are Diamond Members On Rccl And Are Going To Sail With Them In Feb And Again In April On A 8 Day Cruise.. You Should Try A Cruise With Rccl.. We Have Never Had A Bad Cruise With Them.. I Would Be Happy To Help You With Any Rc Questions..by The Way.. We Are Almost Neighbors. We Live In Northport Estates, Northport Fl.. About 60 Miles North Of You..good Luck To You And Your New Wife And """happy Future Sailing""" Mike

Marc...Nice words. It's funny if we were all sitting around a table having the same conversation that was put in words on these boards, it might have raised some voices but it would have been a fun discussion of ...you think this, well I disagree, I think this, and so on.... I find when you write things it sounds worse than it is meant.

They always say the pen is mightier than the sword.

Happy cruising, Maybe you should try Disney check out

http://www.Disboards.com

I did not read your original posting but I am sure I have read many similar ones.

The cruise experience is sometimes a crap shoot. I have been on MANY cruises.

I tend to wait to book and usually get very good deals. I feel sorry for those that write that they watch the rates get lower and the cruiseline will not adjust theirs. This is the type of thing you learn by experience but..........

I have seen things like toilet water backing up so badly in room that it has spilled out into the hall. The ship being full not much could be done but pulling the carpet, etc.

Many times there is a cabin or 2 that has trouble with air conditioning. One of the worst things we saw was right after boarding we were up on the deck watching them load luggage off the dock. I am sure most people have seen how high they pile luggage on those carts on the dock. Anyway, on the transfer to the ship a large suitcase fell off the top and into the water. The man on the dock casually reached over for a large hook and fished out the suitcase like that was not the first time. He through the suitcase back on the top of the cart eventhough water was pouring out of it.

These things do not stop us from cruising. It is just part of the way it is. If you get lucky, you have no problems. We usually don't. The overall experience is worth the chance to us. :O)

I read your post(s) and saw what many negative posts start out with, high expectations, honeymoon, and from there something bad happens, like your embarkment, then an AC problem and so on and so on.

By themselves, you could live with, but together on your honeymoon, not good and it went down hill from there.

I saw your pictures and it seems like you've thought about the good times and heck you were all smiles.

Take care and hope you'll give it a try again.

I'll report back after our cruise

Archived