can guarantee cabin change

spike007

I recall reading here that Carnival's policy is now that once the documents are printed with an assigned guarantee cabin, that cannot be changed, by Carnival or by the passenger.

Anyone have a guarantee that recently changed after being assigned? I mean really recently, like within the past three months?

We had booked a balcony specific room and lo and behold they gave us an upgrade at the pier. Not so wonderful at all. The new balcony was directly under the the spa treadmills; thump, thump, thump, thump for 7 days. They would not give us out 'guaranteed' room back since it was already occupied.

Unless you specify NO UPGRADE when you book, nothing is guaranteed.

I was also wondering about that we have a cabin according to the "gift purchase" method booked a 4a guarentee and we are at 4c but when I look up our cruise on the carnival site they do not have any available cat. 4 or 5's left wonder if we will get upgraded more...?

I was told by the TA I used, if you have an assigned room that doesn't change. I booked a wrap around balcony, so if they upgrade us, it better be to a cat. 12....... Because I book that room for the balcony size.

Kim

Usually if you have an assigned cabin when booking the cruiseline doesn't change it unless they notify you or your TA and ask if you would accept a change. I'll bet they know how much the staterooms with the rap around balconies are desired and don't even ask if they were selected at time of booking.

I recall reading here that Carnival's policy is now that once the documents are printed with an assigned guarantee cabin, that cannot be changed, by Carnival or by the passenger.

Anyone have a guarantee that recently changed after being assigned? I mean really recently, like within the past three months?

Salty-Didn't SableRose's change at the pier (after docs printed)?

Salty-Didn't SableRose's change at the pier (after docs printed)?

I don't know, was the cabin assigned on the printed docs? Not all guarantees get assigned beforehand, but I think the majority are. If there is no cabin assigned on the docs then I guess one would find out at the pier.

I think Carnival stopped changing guarantee assignments late in the game because it is hard for them to manage - they need to move 3,000 people off and another 3,000 people on and they can't afford to monkey around with cabin assignments on embarkation day. Better to finalize it six weeks ahead of time and be done with it.

I have never had a assigned room untell this cruise. I never knew which room we got untell we got to the port. Although its nice to know ahead of time. So if they are starting to assign the rooms six weeks before that's nice.

Kim

I am cruising on the Liberty March 4. I noticed on my guarantee reservation that I had been assigned to a room near the front of the ship. I simply called my contact at Carnival and requested being moved to a mid ship location. No problem...I am now midship...

I'm on the Paradise 2/27 w/ a guarnteed OV room. They have assigned our room on Main Deck at the back. As Carnival says they cannot change now, I want to try at check-in. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this?

Maybe the rule is: once Carnival assigns your cabin and prints the docs with it, you're going to get that cabin unless Carnival bumps you up to an even higher category?

It would be a real bummer if they assigned a room and then you ended up with a lower level room at the pier. I understand with guarantees, there are no guarantees of an upgrade, but if they tell you your cabin on the docs I think that should not be eligible to be changed to a lower level at the pier.

I have not heard of that happening recently, only heard of some upgrades at the pier.

Spike and Salty:

Mr. Dood posted this yesterday in another thread. Long Story Short: Yes, it can change:

Probably will stick...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but don't make your happiness dependent upon it. Our GTY changed the day of sailing and we went back to the original lowest class we booked. Temporary disappointment set in, but we had a great cruise. I will never "count" on anything again, and thus not be disappointed.

This was on the Liberty in Dec!

Good Luck!

David

Archived