Conrad Hotel Fort Lauderdale Area

ChuckL

We’re interested in finding out what is in the area near the Conrad. Is it near a Water Taxi or Trolley stop? Would also like some suggestions for a nice place to have dinner. We enjoy all types of food and awaterfront location would be nice but not a necessity. 

39 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

We’re interested in finding out what is in the area near the Conrad. Is it near a Water Taxi or Trolley stop? Would also like some suggestions for a nice place to have dinner. We enjoy all types of food and awaterfront location would be nice but not a necessity. 

Google maps wll let you map the location and add additional searches like “water taxi”, “restaurants” - which you can then check on TripAdvisor.

Cant help with specifics although we have ridden the SunTrolley through that area, with the ability to change to other lines.

6 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Google maps wll let you map the location and add additional searches like “water taxi”, “restaurants” - which you can then check on TripAdvisor.

Cant help with specifics although we have ridden the SunTrolley through that area, with the ability to change to other lines.

I’m looking for personal recommendations on restaurants from the CC community as I take comments on TA with a grain of salt. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckL said:

I’m looking for personal recommendations on restaurants from the CC community as I take comments on TA with a grain of salt. 

OK just a suggestion as a place to start, especially with regards taxi and bus stops.

Food and restaurants are subjective at best and I agree you have to assess reviews on TA but at the end of the day, TA owns CC don’t they?

Edited by c-leg5

My favorite restaurant is Casablanca which is a short walk.

Also, I love Steak 954 in The W Hotel and S3 in The Westin.

I don't know what kind of shape you are in but a little walk south on A1A will take you to Beach Place which is an oceanfront complex which has a CVS, LuLus Bait Shack (moderate restaurant), Hooters (my favorite Hooters anywhere!), Fat Tuesdays, and Atlantic a restaurant we walk by so I can't tell you how it is.

On 11/25/2018 at 2:41 PM, BlueHerons said:

My favorite restaurant is Casablanca which is a short walk.

Also, I love Steak 954 in The W Hotel and S3 in The Westin.

I don't know what kind of shape you are in but a little walk south on A1A will take you to Beach Place which is an oceanfront complex which has a CVS, LuLus Bait Shack (moderate restaurant), Hooters (my favorite Hooters anywhere!), Fat Tuesdays, and Atlantic a restaurant we walk by so I can't tell you how it is.

Thanks! Casablanca looks most interesting to us and will definitely be a possibility. S3 comes in as a close second. Choices, choices ....

On 11/25/2018 at 5:47 PM, DCT61 said:

BTW....Conrad is a great hotel! The staff is fantastic and very professional. The rooms are very modern and complete. This has become one of our favorite hotels in the country.

That is great to hear. We decided to splurge on an oceanfront suite using points from a credit card’s Rewards program.  Really looking forward to staying there prior to our cruise