Teens need to wear a suit too ? QV

EuroFan

31 minutes ago, cruiseluvva said:

You do however, see children dressed very formally. It is not uncommon to see toddler boys  in little suits with bow toes and little girls in bridesmaid type dresses. 

Ok, thanks for the input 🙂

We sailed with a 5 year old and 2 year old, and they were very patient about the fact that my children were just wearing a nice shirt and pants, and I was in a very informal black dress.  We flew from the US to London, and needed a ton of stuff for the kids plus warm clothes for Norway, so I didn't want to bring formal clothes that would just get destroyed anyway (at some point, I'll be wearing food so I've given up temporarily on anything that needs dry cleaning).  You might stand out a bit  since there were people even wearing formal wear at the buffett, but the staff were patient and tolerant of my family, and the waiters in the mdr were great with my kids.  Have a great cruise!  

Edited by kitkat343

On 11/29/2018 at 1:12 AM, kitkat343 said:

We sailed with a 5 year old and 2 year old, and they were very patient about the fact that my children were just wearing a nice shirt and pants, and I was in a very informal black dress.  We flew from the US to London, and needed a ton of stuff for the kids plus warm clothes for Norway, so I didn't want to bring formal clothes that would just get destroyed anyway (at some point, I'll be wearing food so I've given up temporarily on anything that needs dry cleaning).  You might stand out a bit  since there were people even wearing formal wear at the buffett, but the staff were patient and tolerant of my family, and the waiters in the mdr were great with my kids.  Have a great cruise!  

Thanks for your input ! I got him a suit yesterday but your info might make me not buy another dressy outfit! I have 2 dresses so I will wear those two for the gala nights 🙂 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EuroFan said:

Thanks for your input ! I got him a suit yesterday but your info might make me not buy another dressy outfit! I have 2 dresses so I will wear those two for the gala nights 🙂 

I'm glad you got your son a suit. I think it's good for children to be taught to respect the mores of the people or situation around them. It also teaches them self respect to present themselves well. In my opinion, anyway.

• Like 1