Pictures of MDR menus Royal Princess (Nov 17-24/18)

DimSum

16 hours ago, FOXYDEBBY said:

Thanks for posting all the menus!! I noticed escargot is not on the menu. Did they have it at all? I am kinda hoping you maybe forgot a menu. I cruise for the escargot as I can't seem to find them in restaurants where I live. I leave in 58 days on the Regal and will be soooo disappointed. 

You are right!!  I did not see any escargots on the the menu.  I made sure I took a picture of the menu every morning since I have to help a family member translate the menu to speed things along for when we actually go to dinner.  Maybe the escargot are not on the MDR menus or just wasn't part of the menu the week I was sailing??  IDK why it was not on the menus.

Maybe there will be some differences between the Royal and Regal menus?

Sorry, hope you won't get disappointed when you sail.

8 hours ago, larrybritt said:

We are on the Royal in 2 weeks and can't wait. Thanks for all the Menus. Do you by any chance have any of the Patters? We would love to get an idea of the activities. And maybe what movies were showing?  Thanks

I do have all the patters.  Can you send me your email address?  I can scan them and email them to you.   Easier than posting them.  I think.  Or give me a day or two and I will try to post them

On 12/1/2018 at 12:10 AM, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

Those look very much like the menus we had on the Ruby in October.  The only differences more “tropical” foods.   But I noticed there were no Crown Grill menu options.  Did they offer them?  

It was only on lobster night when the Surf and Turf meal from the Crown Grill was offered.  It was a verbal offering by the waiter.  I can't remember how much the surcharge was but it was not printed on the menu.  That was the only time a Crown Grill meal was offered

On 11/28/2018 at 4:06 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting the menus!

One menu listing the Mains appear to be an "Italian Night" dinner menu.  Was this "event" made known to the guests prior to arriving in the dining room?  (I'd have a difficult time of selecting which entree to order.  The days of ordering more than one are long past!)

I was on Regal in 2017 and there was no limit on ordering anything you wanted.  Some of our table mates ordered two entrees several times.  My wife and I ordered a third entree one evening and split it.  No problem.  When did you experience not being able to order whatever you wanted?

Thanks for posting - I'm on the Crown in a few days and wasn't going to do the MDR (anytime dining) because I'm cruising solo but some of the items have changed my mind. I was reading some other posts where singles have requested a solo table for anytime dining and were accommodated. 

On 11/28/2018 at 2:06 PM, rkacruiser said:

Thanks for posting the menus!

One menu listing the Mains appear to be an "Italian Night" dinner menu.  Was this "event" made known to the guests prior to arriving in the dining room?  (I'd have a difficult time of selecting which entree to order.  The days of ordering more than one are long past!)

The Dining Room ‘theme” nights are always listed in your daily Princess Patter.  The night menu is also always posted just outside the Dining Rooms’ main entrance.  If you don’t like the menu entrees you can always see if a speciality dining venue has an available reservation or you can do a casual dining venue. 

BTW:  You can order a 1/2 portion if you like, or you can order just soups / salads / appetizer.  

2 hours ago, HleeCruiser said:

I was on Regal in 2017 and there was no limit on ordering anything you wanted.  Some of our table mates ordered two entrees several times.  My wife and I ordered a third entree one evening and split it.  No problem.  When did you experience not being able to order whatever you wanted?

You misunderstood my comment about "my days of ordering more than one are long past".  I was not implying that one could not do on a Princess ship.  I was only saying that I have lost the capacity to consume such quantities of food.  

2 hours ago, OR_Cowboy_1952 said:

BTW:  You can order a 1/2 portion if you like, or you can order just soups / salads / appetizer.  

I have on occasion ordered an appetizer-type dinner, but did not think about asking for one-half portions of the regular entrees.  Thanks for the suggestion!