Dreamliner upgrade

PC  how do I do that,? All i can see is the flight times and the Dreamliner logo.

(I knew that you would be one of the first to answer.)👏

Keep well.😉

Edited by Brummijam
Spellings

14 minutes ago, redsails9 said:

when I upgraded to premium flights I just phoned tui up and they just added the cost to my booking,

Thanks for that Redsails.👍 But what I am after is a price for the upgrade, is it a set price or does it vary, when is the best time to get a quote.? When we got onto the aircraft In Barbados they were trying to sell the upgrades  but I didn’t hear what price they were asking.

Is it worth waiting  or do we book earlier?

If you go onto the Tui web site and just do a dummy booking half way through its asks if you require extra seats or premium and shows the cost.

I have had a look for you and Feb Barbados next year its 758 for two we paid this year 728. the brochure says from 232 each return.:classic_rolleyes: 

Thanks for that PC, I will do that, It’s for the transatlantic return on Explorer, everything is booked for the trip and was just wondering  what the difference in price would be and also has anyone upgraded when on the aircraft.

🤔

1 hour ago, Brummijam said:

Thanks for that PC, I will do that, It’s for the transatlantic return on Explorer, everything is booked for the trip and was just wondering  what the difference in price would be and also has anyone upgraded when on the aircraft.

🤔

Just had a look for you and it appears no premium seats available. :classic_wacko:

It’s a strange way that TUI operate whereas they don’t have a structured price policy.

when I enquired about premium seats for the return only flight from Barbados they quoted £300 plus then they flew back with only a third of the premium seats occupied and tried to flog them off on the aircraft.🤔🤔

Make sure that when upgrading that you can seat your party together as personally I wouldn't upgrade unless seats were available together.  This can be checked over the phone with Tui.   On our recent flights there were many couples split up.  On our eturn flight from Barbados on Sunday a cabin crew member said the flight would not leave unless she could get a couple to volunteer their premium seats.  This was extremely badly worded, and was repeated twice and sounded like they had an overbooking situation and the couple giving up their seats would be demoted to standard class, howver it was just swappimg seating within the premium cabin and It turned out that a partially sighted passenger was split from his wife.   The couple who moved and gave up their pair of seats were then awarded a refund on the premium supplement.   

Prices do fluctuate and when we booked ours in May 2018 the supplement was just £325 which was a bargain as I did a dummy booking later on in August and the rate had doubled.  It is worth it for the space, food and service.  On.arrival in Barbados you leave the aircraft first, walk a hundred metres to your transfer coach then the journey us 45 mins to the port.

We have been in a situation where they had messed up the seat allocation and a cabin staff member had decided that me and my wife were to move to separate seats to allow a couple to sit together, unfortunately she didn’t discuss it with me. Because of her attitude I told her we will not be moving and she said the flight may be cancelled. Eventually another attendant coaxed an elderly passenger to move.

All through the flight the attendant was glaring at me, the lady that was moved was rewarded with a free hot chocolate drink.

sometimes TUI can be quite crap at the customer service side of things.

2 weeks ago, we flew back from Aquaba. We weren't able to prebook our 'standard' seats before leaving home, as we were too late (80%ish of the seats were already booked, so we got an error message saying check-in at airport) Anyway, when checking in in Aquba for return flight, sister in-law and hubby were allocated seats 1D and 2D (behind each other) for FREE and received all the usual service that accompanies premium

Yes they were. Thing is, we checked-in before them, and when we asked if we could sit as far forward as possible, man says 'we have 2 near front but one behind other', we said prefer to sit together side by side if possible, and finished up on next to back row!

Didn't realise till we met them later, what we'd turned down:classic_laugh:

it is definitely worth giving them a ring.  When I booked there was no option to upgrade seats, so assumed they were sold out, but decided to ring anyway.  Was able to upgrade to Premium going out on Dtreamliner, and extra legroom returning on standard short haul. ( It's a repositioning cruise). Cost was under £400 for both of us.

Thanks for that CV66

i will definitely give them a call a week before we are due to depart.

We have extra legroom seats booked at the moment and they were perfectly adequate last time, I just thought that premium would be a nice alternative.😉