Evening Entertainment on Silver Wind

the_dylaness

Greetings,

We're looking very much forward to our first Silversea cruise in 7 weeks.

Does anyone have a copy of the daily schedule (presuming such a thing is produced)?

To be clear, we are *not* expecting entertainment to rival that of a 2500 or 3000 passenger ship, but we did wonder what was available to do in the evenings (besides eat!)

We love dancing (badly but enthusiastically) and listening to string quartets, jazz bands, etc.

We could care less about production shows, comedians, and so on.

What do folks do in the evening?

First eight days Chronicles from our recent 26 day cruise.  Generally there is music in the Bar before and after dinner with a trio (not all nights due to show commitments).  There was usually a pianist in the Panorama Lounge after dinner.  Let me know if you would like some additional days.

102018.pdf

102118.pdf

102218.pdf

102318.pdf

102418.pdf

102518.pdf

102618.pdf

102718.pdf

• Like 1

Glad you found this helpful.  I also have copies of the lunch and dinner menus along with the premium wine list if you would like to see any of these items.  Unfortunately, SS does not give out the complimentary wine list, but they have a very wide variety and their complimentary wines are the best among the luxury cruise lines.  They have a wine ambassador, whose sole job is to travel around the world and buy some of the very best complimentary wines.  Occasionally, he is onboard for a wine cruise and they go to great lengths to get local wines - Australian, New Zealand, South Africa, Chile, Argentina, etc.

Sounds like the list is on lockdown for some reason... what I want to know is how do I get the job of the guy (or lady) who travels around the world tasting wines for the list.  I want to sign up!

If you are willing to share a menu or three I certainly would love to see.  I realize it is a little time consuming to post so I am really appreciative!

I'm really trying to wrap my head around what an SS cruise will be like.  We have cruised a lot, on a variety of lines, but mostly larger ships although we have sailed Crystal Serenity ❤️ and Seabourn Legend (which I am assuming will be the closest experience but that was almost 10 years ago.)

I think you will like it very much.  We are/were very much Seabourn diehards (almost 500 days).  We are now SS diehards.  We like the staff better and we think the MDR lunch and dinner menus have much more variety.  We haven't been on the Encore/Ovation, so can't speak to the Thomas Keller grill.  But on the Odyssey class ships, we were not impressed by the TK MDR insert items or the TK family style dinners in the Colonnade.  La Terrazza is similar to the Colonnade for breakfast & lunch but turns into a wonderful Italian restaurant for dinner with a menu that rotates every 4 days or so.  Also, La Terrazza makes wonderful, made from scratch pizzas. SS Champagne (Pommery or Monopole) Is better than Seabourn's Nicolas Feuillatte.  The Panorama Lounge is pretty quiet for a before/after dinner drink.  The bar, however, can be quite busy and somewhat noisy.  Here's some of the menus.  The first 7 are dinner, the next 7 are lunch.  I also included the Premium wine list and the room service/always available menu,

102018.pdf

102118.pdf

102218.pdf

102318.pdf

102418.pdf

102518.pdf

102618.pdf

Lunch

102018.pdf

102118.pdf

102218.pdf

102318.pdf

102418.pdf

102518.pdf

102618.pdf

Premium Wine List.pdf

Room Service.pdf

Room Service Breakfast.pdf

Edited by DCCruiser57
add words

MBP, thank you for posting this.  We had a couple of wines on our Asian cruise that were positively excellent, but then of course forgot what they were.   This will give me an idea (or cheat sheet) so we can mark ones we like "for later".   Need to start thinking about what we want stocked in our room as well.

Jan