Soft Drinks on ship

StampedersFans

I'm also a Diet Coke drinker, but since restaurants don't carry both Coke and Pepsi products, just like NCL, I just drink what is served and it hasn't killed me for a night, a week or more.  Wouldn't bother me if the didn't serve alcohol either.  I understand why they don't allow alcohol or soda brought on the ships and since it is their ships, thus their rules, I'll either abide by the policy or sail on another line.

2 hours ago, kathy884 said:

When I posted something similar on another soda thread sometime back, I got posts from several people who said I had real issues if I like Diet Coke that much and didn't like the idea of cruising NCL because of their soda policy.  I wondered what some of those posters would have thought, though, if it was an alcohol free cruise, which would not bother me in the least.

That's not a valid comparison, though.  You're comparing not having your one specific favorite brand available versus an entire category of drinks... beer, wine, cocktails, frozen drinks, Irish coffee, etc.

I absolutely would not go on an alcohol free cruise, but I also wouldn't go on a non-alcoholic drink free cruise that didn't offer soft drinks, orange juice, iced tea, coffee, etc etc.  I absolutely would NOT skip out on a cruise (or even care) if they didn't have my one specific favorite brand of beer.

13 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

someone recently reported that they took a bottle of water off the ship, on return it was still half full, they were, they said, made discard the remainder.

12 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

They will absolutely make you throw out a half drunk bottle of water or any beverage when boarding at ports of call. I have a refillable water bottle that I bring with me on excursions and such and always make sure to dump out the remaining water before re-boarding so they don't confiscate the whole bottle.

I wondered if they changed the rules or were just being lax on my Nov 2018 Asia cruise on the Jewel out of Singapore.

We took 2 500ml empty bottles on board and refilled them each day from our onboard 1L bottles to take ashore, at every port we both returned with half full bottles which went through the scanner. Not once did they ask either of us to hand them in, on one occasion they looked inside my bag and despite the water bottle being at the top they did not bat an eyelid.

They were only disposable bottles but im glad they did not take them as we did not have spares.