8pm arrival in Havana

wdwcoltsfan

I'm looking at an NCL itinerary that arrives in Havana at 8pm and then spends the next day/overnight and departs at 6am the following day. Has anyone done this itinerary? If so, did you get off the ship the first night? Do they let people disembark or do you have to wait til morning?

I'm trying to decide if this itinerary is worth it or to go with the typical overnight stay.

Thanks!

Rachel

I looked at this itinerary after you posted - it is interesting.

I've been before, and I can tell you that the longest waits are for the original  ship arrival and customs review, where you turn in your visa, get your photo taken and your passport stamped. On subsequent trips on and off the ship,  it is fairly quick to go through the passport control line. 

My recommendation would be to get off the ship that evening and take advantage of the (hopefully) fewer people mobbing the Customs agents. When the ships dock in the morning, everybody is anxious to get off the ship ASAP and on to their touring. 

Unsure if the money exchange people will be there later in the evening, please report back after your return. 

It would be too late to get to the Tropicana or the Hotel Nacional cabaret show,  but you certainly should be able to walk across the square and find some smaller bars open, and investigate the lay of the land to hit the ground running on the second day. 

Or, grab a cab to the Hotel Nacional, have a mojito out on the terrace, and then spend a little time with the locals on the Malecon.