Just the 2 of us and don't know what to do, ideas anyone

CruiseMomTX

It will be just the 2 of us and we don't know what to do in Belize.  We ported there a long time ago and I think we took a tender directly to a little island where there wasn't too much to do.  We will be on the Carnival Vista and not really sure where it ports or the tenders go.  We don't want cave tubing or touring the island.  Mostly were looking for a relaxing beach day somewhere quiet and not too crowded would be nice with loungers, bathrooms and decent food.  I'm not sure if there are any all inclusive places like Cozumel has but thats what we like to do.  Also somewhere with a good pool is ok too.  I saw something about Belize Boutique Resort & Spa and emailed them for information on a day pass.  Has anyone been there? If so what did you think and how far is it from where the tenders drop you off?  Thanks for any help.  Can you just take a cab to a beach nearby once at the port or is that not really an option?

The hotel you cite is about an hour plus away from the tender pier.  You'll need a taxi and arrange for pick up to return. It is NOT near a beach.  Nothing like Cozumel in Belize City`.

There are a couple of hotels within walking distance of the tender pier that may still offer day passes.  They have pools only, no beach access.  But otherwise you'll need an excursion to one of the cayes, like you did last time.

We’ve been to Belize many times and our experience is that once we did the ruins the rest didn’t interest us.  My wife absolutely won’t go in a cave.  She refuses to fly to Ambergris Key and isn’t interested in taking the water taxi or an excursion to any of the keys.  Belize City has nothing of interest.  All that said, “somewhere quiet and not too crowded...with loungers, bathrooms and decent food” pretty much describes a cruise ship, including Vista.  There’s a pool and spa as well.  We haven’t gotten off the ship in Belize in a long time.  When 90 or 95 percent of the passengers get off the ship it really makes for a quiet day aboard.  Plenty of better beach choices elsewhere.  As always, YMMV. 

Edited by lifes-a-beach

On 12/9/2018 at 2:41 PM, crewsweeper said:

The hotel you cite is about an hour plus away from the tender pier.  You'll need a taxi and arrange for pick up to return. It is NOT near a beach.  Nothing like Cozumel in Belize City`.

There are a couple of hotels within walking distance of the tender pier that may still offer day passes.  They have pools only, no beach access.  But otherwise you'll need an excursion to one of the cayes, like you did last time.

Thank you for the information and I got an email back from the hotel and their spa pass options are quite pricey.  

22 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

We’ve been to Belize many times and our experience is that once we did the ruins the rest didn’t interest us.  My wife absolutely won’t go in a cave.  She refuses to fly to Ambergris Key and isn’t interested in taking the water taxi or an excursion to any of the keys.  Belize City has nothing of interest.  All that said, “somewhere quiet and not too crowded...with loungers, bathrooms and decent food” pretty much describes a cruise ship, including Vista.  There’s a pool and spa as well.  We haven’t gotten off the ship in Belize in a long time.  When 90 or 95 percent of the passengers get off the ship it really makes for a quiet day aboard.  Plenty of better beach choices elsewhere.  As always, YMMV. 

We are considering staying on the ship for the reasons you stated, peace and quite and everything else.  Thank you.