bliss vs joy alaska

golfer1903

I understand they are sister ships, but when I look at the ships and whats on them it looks like the bliss have more of the non free food places to eat.  Is this true? or will joy be getting a makeover before she sets up for Alaska to get the same stuff.

And what about free food options I'm from carnival so not to familiar with ncl,  is there more to eat other then the main dinning room and buffets,  like carnival has blue laguna  pizza shops delis guys burger kinda places?  Don't really see any on line?

Please help  

The Joy is going through a drydock before it gets to Alaska and will mimic the Bliss with the exception of a few things:

Exclusive to Bliss - ThermalSpa, Studio Suites, Coco's, Los Lobos

Exclusive to Joy - Galaxy Pavilion, Concierge Level, American Diner 

The rest of the dining stays the same:

Complimentary - Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor, Garden Cafe, The Local

Specialty - Cagney's, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Teppenyaki, Q, Food Republic, Starbucks, Ocean Blue

31 minutes ago, Steam said:

The Joy is going through a drydock before it gets to Alaska and will mimic the Bliss with the exception of a few things:

Exclusive to Bliss - ThermalSpa, Studio Suites, Coco's, Los Lobos

Exclusive to Joy - Galaxy Pavilion, Concierge Level, American Diner 

The rest of the dining stays the same:

Complimentary - Manhattan Room, Taste, Savor, Garden Cafe, The Local

Specialty - Cagney's, La Cucina, Le Bistro, Teppenyaki, Q, Food Republic, Starbucks, Ocean Blue

Manhattan Room, Taste and Savor are main dining rooms. Manhattan is the main, larger dining room that serves dinner. Taste and Savor or smaller dining rooms that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Garden Cafe is the buffet serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Local is the 24-hour pub in the center of the ship (678 Oceanplace) that serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and the best 3am chicken wings you will ever have. 

For specialty, Cagneys is the steakhouse, La Cucina is Italian, Le Bistro is French. These three are on all ships across the fleet. Teppenyaki is Japanese hibachi, Q is Barbecue, Food Republic is a wide variety of sharing plates, Ocean Blue is premium seafood. 

35 minutes ago, golfer1903 said:

Do the three dinning rooms serve the same meals at the same times or are the three menus  different. 

Manhattan Room, Taste and Savor will have the same menu each night.

Taste and Savor are open for breakfast with the same menu, and lunches on embarkation day and sea days. 

1 hour ago, golfer1903 said:

Thanks but the names dont say much. Is there a version on guys burgers or irish pub for free. Manhattan roon taste savor are those just the main dining room names ?  Garden cafe I assume is the buffet?

How about taking a minute to look at the website for restaurant lists

Bliss: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/bliss/whats-on-board/dining

Joy: https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/joy/whats-on-board/Dining

The two ships will be nearly identical. Same number of complimentary restaurants. Same number of specialty restaurants.  

The Local (pub) is complimentary

The American Diner / Margaritaville are for fee.

• 2 months later...

I'm disappointed they are removing the Tea Room. That sounded interesting. The thing that I hate about NCL is they say the JOY has 29 restaurant options but really there are four that are included A main dining room (3 to pick from), Buffet, Pub and room service (which has a delivery fee).  I am not sure how they come up with 29 but they must count all the bars/lounges also.