Dora the Explorer, Cartegena

Ontariotrekker

We are booked for a January 2020 tour but her website is off line and the email I've been using is returning to me as bad.

Anyone booked with her before that that is still able to contact her?  Please post the email you're using.  I can't find a link on Trip Advisor anymore.

thanks Shar

On 12/9/2018 at 7:22 AM, Ontariotrekker said:

We are booked for a January 2020 tour but her website is off line and the email I've been using is returning to me as bad.

Anyone booked with her before that that is still able to contact her?  Please post the email you're using.  I can't find a link on Trip Advisor anymore.

thanks Shar

Have you tried her web-site?   I found it is working and appears to be up and running.   cartegnatours dot com.  Her email appears to be working   dora at cartegnatours dot com

Just a quick note about Dora, we used her company this past Dec 11 for a driving/walking tour.

While in the walled city, at the last stop of the walking tour, my party of 3 got left behind. We were behind our group and I could see them. As we were trying to exit the church we were in, a group of people were trying to come in the exit only doors, therefore blocking us from getting out. By the time we were able to get by the blockage and outside (not a lot of time by the way - maybe a couple minuets) Tour guide and our group were no where in sight. 

We decided to wait 30 minuets before getting a taxi back to the ship, in case someone came back to the church where we were left. We stayed exactly by the exit doors where we were left. Right at the 30 minuet mark, the driver did come back.

I'm sure many of you have been on walking tours around the world, just as I have. I have never had a tour guide that didn't make sure she had everyone before proceeding to the next stop. The tour guide had no good reason why we were left. I told her we had never had a guide not keep count of her her party, she had nothing to say.

The tour could be good, and was until we were left, lol. I just advise you to make sure you stay right on the heels of your guide constantly.

We did a tour with Dora's company last week with Mercedes and really enjoyed it. We spent the extra to have a private tour for our family of 4 ($95 pp) and enjoyed being able to have the van to ourselves and her attention. She made sure we got to certain points of interest before the big groups to avoid the crowds. The only down fall was not being able to sample local Colombian food, but we didn't prepare beforehand to see if this was an option. We did go to the Monastery, Old Town and the Dungeons (shops). All great information and an experience watching the driver navigate us through traffic. 

If you go to the Dungeons and like coffee - go to the vendor with the old red Jeep (Golden Coffee) and get a cup of iced coffee. It's $3 for regular and $5 for alcohol added. I had the regular coffee and it was great! Highly recommend!! The vendor speaks great English and gets his coffee from  his family farm. 

18 hours ago, NoleFam20 said:

If you go to the Dungeons and like coffee - go to the vendor with the old red Jeep (Golden Coffee) and get a cup of iced coffee. It's $3 for regular and $5 for alcohol added. I had the regular coffee and it was great! Highly recommend!! The vendor speaks great English and gets his coffee from  his family farm. 

Great tip!  I've written it down and will be sure to stop there if we get the chance! :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

We booked a private tour with Dora in December and had a wonderful time. We were met at the scheduled time and boarded an air conditioned van. She mentioned she likes to do the tours early in day before it gets too hot! Cartagena is a beautiful city and we enjoyed our tour.