Guaranteed Stateroom.

gozzy

Hi Folks , For cruise that we are looking at you can only book a guaranteed stateroom. Any experiences that anyone could provide , good or bad. How close to the sailing do you get assigned your cabin. I would much prefer to pick my own cabin so I am on the fence whether to book this cruise or just look for another itinerary.  Thanks Gary

I have booked several GTY before final payment date, X have assigned my cabin after they receive the deposit (1 or 2 days).  On the Eclipse was a inside cabin (CAT 11 on deck 7), after several price drops I upgraded to Veranda 2C. Other one was on the Summit I receive a inside (CAT 9 on deck 7), I didn't  like this cabin because was a connecting cabin, I ask to change to another one but the change was denied because the select cabin was for 3 people, the final payment date more cabins was available so I ask again to change, I was granted to another inside in the same CAT cabin,  I liked to much this cabin, for this Summit cruise the savings for booking a GTY was $1,100

Edited by gerelmx

We’ve done one guarantee (Concierge) & it worked out well. We jumped on a Vancouver to Hawaii cruise after final payment & got an excellent deal on a Concierge guarantee, first cabin was attached to one of the big suites & two weeks before sailing X contacted us & offered us a C1 aft if we’d move so they could put additional family next to the big suite. Hmm, maybe, ok sure!  Great cruise

For upper cabin categories, the gtys are often less desirable location, like under the pool or Oceanview buffet (occasional noise thru ceiling early or late)

If you book gty and find a problem like noise, folks have reported that the Registration folks often say 'you bought gty' which often is cheaper rate.

Also reported is that once you are assigned a cabin , if you watch and see a better location offered IN SAME ASSIGNED CATEGORY, you can contact them and switch.

Also, watch for discounted offers for Concierge, other categories late before sailing - you can grab an inexpensive upgrade - even after final payment. 

FUNNY I saw one couple post once that they always book GTY for the thrill of the unknown, ending up with mix of wins, meh. 

HAPPY CRUISING 

We booked a Guarantee and within a few days, we received a less than desirable room.  We did luck out as there  was another more desirable room that was available.  We were able to switch within the same class/category.  However, if one were not available, we would have been relegated to that assigned room.  Do you feel lucky?

I now  like to pick my room.